Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have just purchased a 2019 gt line 130, with 6500 mls. The only issue i have is trying to reverse up
my drive it can't rev any higher than 2000 rpm, meaning the car is really struggling causing clunking
sounds from engine my driveway is not even steep, is this the norm for rpm to be set at 2000 or not any
information would be a great help.

Regards
Cammy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Cammy, I noticed similar on my newly purchased 2018 Allure, with under 15,000m on the clock. After having parked on a slight downhill slope, I had great difficulty reversing back up the incline. Engine would not run above 2000rpm and hunted, like a cheap lawnmower. Peugeot dealer thinks there id no problem, but will look at it! However they admit to having no incline in the area to test it out? Your post is quite old, and probably sorted, but will report back to assist others.
Syd

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm assuming that both the above cars are manual transmission?
as mine is a semi auto I only have to release brake and it goes
I would think there is probably a nifty bit of software that recognises that reverse is selected and limits the amount of revs available, it's a safety feature to stop the car shooting off too fast in reverse and causing an accident. (unfortunatly this does happen)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts