Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi,

I real these reviews and a lot of the time its compared to the nissan juke and maybe that right, but (and this is my and my wife's opinion) that the nissan juke is one ugly car! Now I have never driven one (had the qashqai thought) but for me the juke just looks really bad yet most of the reviews say its stylish!

I take "expert" reviews with a pinch of salt, infact the "expect" reviews often get right up my nose (specially film critics?!). What I want to hear from is reviews from real people, people that are using or have seen the things they are reviewing in real life.

-Sam

·
Registered
155 Posts
TBH I'm a 250lb 6'3" amateur power lifter - any car unsuitable for that gurning little gimp would probably do me quite nicely.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Don Bernard said:
TBH I'm a 250lb 6'3" amateur power lifter - any car unsuitable for that gurning little gimp would probably do me quite nicely.

...In that case then, Don, I'm on your side!

Al.
.....and I completely agree.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I haven't looked at it yet but I always take their reviews with a pinch of salt, thing is, they drive sports cars and 100k plus cars regularly so its hard to compare it to an everyday car without being biased.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sam said:
Hi,

I real these reviews and a lot of the time its compared to the nissan juke and maybe that right, but (and this is my and my wife's opinion) that the nissan juke is one ugly car! Now I have never driven one (had the qashqai thought) but for me the juke just looks really bad yet most of the reviews say its stylish!

I take "expert" reviews with a pinch of salt, infact the "expect" reviews often get right up my nose (specially film critics?!). What I want to hear from is reviews from real people, people that are using or have seen the things they are reviewing in real life.

-Sam

I have to agree with you. The most useful reviews come from people that have paid for the product with their own money.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Like all reviews it's only an individuals opinion and therefore not to be taken personally especially when I beg to differ. Half the time these self appointed so called "experts" are out of touch with what you and I want and can afford anyway.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hammond has a track record of crashing spectacularly while driving in a straight line...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually I don't think he really dislikes the 2008 although he obviously doesn't like the small steering wheel. The fact that he prefers the Juke which is universally slated is very telling.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I went out to test drive a Juke but the ride was so jiggly and firm as a passenger I told the sales person that it wasn't for me so there was no point in me bothering to actually drive it.

You felt a jolt at every minor bump or pot hole and the seating was uncomfortable.

Very small boot, very cramped for rear seat passengers, no rear headroom, very small rear door making getting in and out very awkward.

Poor fuel consumption, high road tax, higher insurance.

Faster acceleration, higher top speed.

One of the ugliest cars on the road!

Why they constantly use this Joke as a yardstick is quite beyond my comprehension.

Al.

·
Registered
19 Posts
IMO i dont think these "experts" actually write these articles.It isnt a negative piece tho.I really like the Honest John review.Just a regular bloke who reviews cars.http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/peugeot/2008-2013/?

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Having read the review I don't think at any stage he has actually driven it - the images look like Peugeot press release pics and the words look like they've come from a Peugeot press release. Hammond has then just added in his 'witty' comments about it being called a Feline...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts