Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought a 2008 crossover but it won't rev above 3000 rpm while stationary. Is this normal ?
I've checked that the speed limit setting is off and that I have witched off the stability control.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forum.

1. What model do you have?
  2. Not being funny or anything, but why are you trying to rev it above 3k stationary, are you trying to check something, resolve a fault.
  3. Will it rev above 3k when you are driving normally on the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's complicated but I had it delivered but have SORN'ed it until April 1st. I was just out on the drive running it up and noticed it won't rev up. I can't take it on the road yet but want to be sure it will accelerate when I do.

·
Registered
398 Posts
The newest diesel engines have protection at higher rpm, in case that is not in gear, will not accelerate over a certain rpm...strange that you have it on PUG, as I know is implemented on Mercedes, BMW, Audi.
You will see what is going on when you will drive it...use a parking area at night ( a very large one) to check it...it would be nasty to have a problem at particle filter or sensor and cut your power when you are in traffic...
Cheers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks George
You've more or less confirmed my thoughts. I won't be driving it until April 1st, but was concerned that I might have a problem accelerating away. I'll report back after that in case others notice a similar lack of rpm when stationary.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello.

I dont think it's a problem. I think I noticed that on mine.
But I have petrol engine.
Altough I'm not sure yet. Will confirm later.

·
Registered
540 Posts
It's there to stop you blowing the engine up if the car is set to cruise control and for some reason get knocked into neutral, it automatically restricts the revs otherwise they'd go through the roof (bonnet)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies. I've now got the car on the road and everything is fine it rev's ok. Phew! that's a relief

·
Registered
54 Posts
I also have 1.2 petrol 16 plate and it is also restricted at 3000rpm this is most probably a safety feature to stop any damage to the engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It seems to be an "over reving protection" just in case it got knocked out of cruise control while driving. But anyway, my problem cleared as soon as I got on the road and moving. Really enjoying my 2008.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts