Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm English and live in France.On Thursday I took delivery of a new 2008 Féline Titane with the 1.2l Puretech 130 S & S engine and 6 speed manual gearbox. I'm extremely happy with it except that there is nowhere in the Driver's Manual with running-in instructions.
Has anyone got any idea about the engine run-in speeds etc. Tyres/Brakes are 250 miles and gearbox 500 miles (I've always used these mileages) but the e-THP engine is a new one to me.
The engine IS very tight and I'm limiting my speed to 90Kms per hour (56mph) but I don't know when I can build it up to 110 (68mpg) and then 130 (81mph)
Grateful for any help

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum.

Glad you like your new car. I've got the same engine and when I collected the car my dealership was adamant that no 'running in' was required - they told me to drive normally (but not to do anything too extreme). It was literally a case of enjoy, see you in a year...

I think that the car drives really well. I've done about 1,000 miles and average 44-45 mpg.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Same here. Had it a week and not done a lot of miles but Ijust drove as normal as people on this forum have advised.
Welcome

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I thought it odd that there was nothing in the Driver's Manual. I'll run it in based on gut-feeling!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Guys,

All engines need running in if you want to get the best from them.I'm sorry, but the guy who sold you the car is exactly that, a salesman. Not an engineer.

To be honest, engines don't need the running in like they used to in the olden days, when me and Al and Alan (pilot) were youngsters, so in that sense they don't need as much care and attention, but they do require some care. Modern manufacturing makes running in a lot easier these days.

Firstly don't rev them above 3000 rpm for the first 500 miles, don't labour the engine, ie leave it struggling in too high a gear. Stuck on a motorway at a constant speed in top gear is not the best way, vary your speed even by a few hundred rpm. Also when you come to a stop just let the engine tickover for a minute or so, this allows the oil to cool the turbo and engine down before you switch it off.

Finally as you pass the 500 mile mark gradually increase the engine speed up to 4000 rpm for the next 200-300 miles and it will thank you and give you years of service.

And for those on 16k mile service intervals ..forget it. Get your oil & filter changed every year or 8k-9k miles. Especially those that have a diesel engine and turbo.

Treat your car with respect and it will look after you, that means no furry dice hanging from the mirror, no flash handbags on the passenger seat and no driving in your pyjamas and slippers. And wash it regularly, never mind if you have to share a tap, or you don't like using water in case you break your nails or chip your nail varnish.

And that goes for the girls as well.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Roger that...So at every 8k miles need to change the girl or tune it with some new parts :))))

·
Registered
316 Posts
I was lucky so when got mine the salesman told me "run it in slowly" so l bought a new pair Nike runners, so now l drive to park and slowly run around my car, few funny looks but if helps engine who am l to object.Edited by: Mik207

1 - 7 of 7 Posts