Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Hoping for some guidance on some rust I spotted today beneath the 2 boot hinges on my 2014 '2008 1.4 HDi Active' which has me worried. (There should be pictures attached to this, hopefully I've uploaded them correctly)

As far as I can tell Peugeot has a warranty against "perforation (corrosion from the inside towards the outside of the vehicle) from the date of delivery shown on the warranty certificate for the duration of 12 years in the case of a passenger vehicle".

Does anyone think my situation would qualify for some sort of repair? Is this a common issue? I intend on travelling to my dealer but would like to hear other's opinion before turning up. Any guidance on the matter would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Left Hinge:

Right Hinge:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi folks,

Hoping for some guidance on some rust I spotted today beneath the 2 boot hinges on my 2014 '2008 1.4 HDi Active' which has me worried. (There should be pictures attached to this, hopefully I've uploaded them correctly)

As far as I can tell Peugeot has a warranty against "perforation (corrosion from the inside towards the outside of the vehicle) from the date of delivery shown on the warranty certificate for the duration of 12 years in the case of a passenger vehicle".

Does anyone think my situation would qualify for some sort of repair? Is this a common issue? I intend on travelling to my dealer but would like to hear other's opinion before turning up. Any guidance on the matter would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Left Hinge:
View attachment 662 View attachment 663

Right Hinge:
View attachment 664 View attachment 665
So I have had a look at mine which is a similar age only in the flat white There is nothing like that but that whole area is very difficult to clean without a lot of faffing about with cloths in screwdrivers.As you correctly say it's a perferation guarantee so from inside to outside That looks like surface corrosion to me ,possibly dampness not drying out between the hinge and the body . I have had the same green mold that I can see to the left of the hinge in the bottom picture. I was informed by a salesman at a Renault main dealer that any car above 7 years taken in part exchange goes straight to auction no matter how good it is . You can ask Pergiot but if they start talking about diagnostic charges I would beat a hasty retreat. Especially if you have not had the book stamped at the 4 and 6 year perforation check by the dealer which presumably are chargeable. If Pergiot draw a blank as I suspect they will and it is just surface I would just clean it up as best you can apply a rust suppressor and then give it a quick blast with the appropriate aerosol paint both top coat and undercoat or because of the difficult areas to mask use a touch up brush . Then pay special attention to it when you are cleaning the car. Not a professional opinion you understand but just a ( very ) amateur mechanic .

·
Registered
308 Posts
That would be classed as surface corrosion and not covered under warranty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts