Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The Sat nav is made by Navteq.

Navteq were owned by Nokia, who were acquired by Microsoft in 2013.This may explain why Peugeot are now working with Tomtom.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Burty,

Are you saying that Peugeot are moving away from Navteq to TomTom, or are they basically both the same anyway?

One reason for my question is that I have just placed an order for a new 2008 Active with SatNav, which I have been advised will be a September build, and I would like to know which 'system' it will come with!

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It will come with a Navteq system.

My understanding, which is only from 2 year old press releases, is that the first cars with TomTom systems won't start to appear until 2015.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d7c7b08e-d4e1-11e1-b476-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3CRamzrbd

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks Burty... the chap I spoke to at Peugeot Customer Services didn't know anything about a change to TomTom at all, so it looks as if it is too far away to concern me at the moment.

I will be quite happy with a NavTeq system anyway... I hope!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im glad my Crossway came with satnav as standard as I'd have been really annoyed if I had forked out for it. It certainly has a clumsy outdated method of scrolling. I like to put in waypoints so it follows my choice of roads and then save the trips for future use. Today I've updated my Garmin 3490 and discovered I can create routes on my computer which is fab. My Garmin also has lifetime map updates. Think I had a Navteq years ago. Being owned by Nokia explains a lot. Just why put a system in a car like this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts