Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one has been puzzling me......

One thing that I have been wondering about is the Sat Nav on the touchscreen. I am used to having my TomTom on the right hand side and it's just a quick glance from my line of vision. I worry that the touchscreen is more than a quick glance. But, I could swear I saw or read somewhere that the Sat Nav directions are duplicated (for want of a better word) in the centre display on the dash. But I have flicked through the handbook that I downloaded and there appears to be no mention of that. In fact it shows the position of all the text and symbols but nothing to do with the Sat Nav directions.

Which kind of brings me on to something related-ish. Which manual is the correct one in the link Burty supplied? There seems to be 2 there, once ending 'dag'. But I don't know if there is a difference? The French site only has the non-dag one.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi Trevor, the directions are duplicated onto the little screen in front of you. I normally have mine showing a digital speedo and if the Sat Nav is navigating it will override each time it gives me a direction to turn.You can have a choice in this little centre screen showing each of the trips as well as the current road you are travelling on with a compass. That can show irrespective of navigating or not, it just takes a feed from the console. The liitle centre screen can also show what music is playing.

You therefore can mix and match between the two screens as you please.

On the manuals I downloaded both and could not find an obvious difference.

Mac. Edited by: Mac2008

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mac. Good to know as I knew I had seen this somewhere, but could not find that info again. Might even have been the salesman who told me. But didn't seem to be any mention in the manual. In fact they make the little centre screen out to be quite 'fixed' in nature. So releaved at your answer! Thanks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
No problem, just about the only thing that is useful that is not duplicated are the speed limits and the warnings for speed and traffic light cameras, but you get a loud double bleep to warn you.
Just downloaded Augusts risk area update today and put it into the unit, it was very useful driving through the middle of Exeter on Sunday.

Mac.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Al, yes that's the one and it will tell you once you register that no map update is yet available but Risk Areas are. I signed up for twelve months. I did the first upload when I picked the car up and last night Peugeot sent me an email to tell me that August was available.

Mac.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The difference between the two manuals is one is LHD the other is RHD (the one with Dad in the filename is for the RHD car
and would appear to be the one for our car in the UK).

I'm trying to figure what Dad stands for - "something a droite"

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how i can rename an address inputted on the nav system for example Home.

Thanks in advance

Jinxx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi JinxxYou can't modify or delete single addresses in the nav system but you can delete all of them (see page 260 in the manual).

Contacts can be individuallydeleted or modified (see page 255 in the manual)

I hope that's what you meant,
harry.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I think page 255 is referring to contacts in your phonebook, not the navigation contacts.

You are right with page 260 though. I have deleted individual address' :

PS: Menu - Navigation GPS - Contacts. The diagram shows the 'Contacts' symbol with a 'Waste paper basket' then the 'Tick' which is to confirm the deletion.

Good fun, eh?

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can scroll through the different displays on the centre console - speedo, sat nav, music etc, by a quick press of the button on the end of the wiper stalk. I found this out by accident the other day when my digital speedo disappeared and it took me a while to work out what I had done, and how to get it back.

But as someone else said, when you use the sat nav, it automatically switches to this screen when you need to make a turn etc.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If not in the middle of a Sat Nav route the middle screen displays a compass and the road name you are currently traveling on.

Mac.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi guys,

I needed to go to an emergency appt this evening. Only to find that the Sat Nav in the car could not find the road. It is a Main road very famous in Nottingham as it has an hospital on it.

I was so frustrated, anyone know how to fix it? Even when i was on the road, i tried to find it on the Sat Nav and it was still not recognised. even though I was parked on it, you can only imagine the fumes coming out of my ears.

Please help

·
Registered
193 Posts
Jinx did it name it as something else like A something. I cannot remember if the Points of Interest includes hospitals, I will look later, as that would be a way to find how the system has named it.When on the road if you have the centre screen showing road names that would also work. In the past I have ended up putting in the part post code and then picking the road manually as the destination point.
I will check later on the POI and hospitals as I have to update the risk areas with the new download.

Mac

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've only used the Sat-Nav for testing purposes and it worked extremely well.

These are the selections shown in the downloaded handbook and I guess that Hospitals would be shown in the 'Business centres' :

·
Registered
311 Posts
The road I wanted was Derby Road. It brought up New Derby Road and Old Derby Road. Neither in the same area.

It doesn't allow for post code entries

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Were you looking for Derby Road, Eastwood or Derby Road, Langley Mill though?

I've just been on Google Earth and the main Derby Road, Nottingham is a really long main road!

The Health Centre is very large and must surely show on the map in the car.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
193 Posts
Jinx, Al, just managed to look at my screen. Sorry not been in the car due to bad back.I have all sorts of points of interest including Medical. I went Menu, Map, Poi, picked medical then said Nottingham. It then asked if I had a name as it gave me all sorts from Boots to a clinic of some sort. I said Nottingham and it identified a few. I just picked one and it gave option of Navigate.

Interestingly it also gave the option to call which I thought was an error till I hit the button and the Hospital concerned answered.

Well blow me down I didn't expect that.

Now the question is I do not know if this is standard or part of the Risk Areas / POI subscription with Navteq.Either way impressed from Wilts.

Mac.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The oddest thing happened.

I was near the city centre and i tried to locate Derby Road in Nottingham City and blow me over with a feather there it was.

When I got home and I tried again to locate Derby Road and again it did not exist on my sat nav

I am hoping with the post code updates it will correct this. But seriously not being able to find a manage road in a city just because I wasn't near it is really bad.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts