Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A one line comment in the manual talks about going to the Peugeot Navigation web site for updates to the mapping.

I did this yesterday and down loaded the July POI, Risk Areas for the Sat Nav. Cost was £26.99 for a years worth of updates which I thought was pretty good. What you get is all identified Navteq sourced risk areas including speed and traffic light cameras. Not to be able to speed but to warn you of a risk area of course.

I had trouble with the download wizard, probably due to the firewall on the Mac, but placed the files as they had downloaded into a blank USB dongle plugged into the right hand USB slot in the car and it all uploaded. My POI options now include risk areas. The first time you navigate you can set the warnings and time in seconds before etc.

Normally we get stung for cost on things like this, but in this case good value. The installation instructions, once I had worked out which system we have, we're not great but kind of get you there.

Well worth doing as I also see the speed limit of the road I am travelling on the screen as an icon if I am using thenSat Nav to take me somewhere, Even without the camera peace.

Peugeot Navigation

Mac Edited by: Mac2008

·
Registered
311 Posts
I maybe thick but you already have your 2008 Mac?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jinxx yes picked it up yesterday. Put my first thoughts onto my older hello post thread. Well chuffed although the promised sun today turned into solid rain.

Mac.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick update on this as I am impressed. The risk areas warn you even if you are not using the sat Nav to navigate. A double bleep and a symbol next to the speed limit for the road warned me of a camera going into Bath. I do to often use that road and this car is so different noise wise to my last I will need some time to recalibate my internal speedo. For the £26 it is well worth it.

I had all the Points of Interest displaying to see what it would do compared to my older discovery and was surprised to see BP garage logos, museums, viewpoints and all the usual tourist places. I didn't go into a town so heck knows what will be on the screen.

As you can tell,I am impressed with this from Peugeot.
the one thing that didn't impress me was that for this part of the car the manual is hopeless, but it is typical of a car dealer to not write a very detailed instruction as the software changes regularly.

According to the 208 forum the full post code UK version of the navigation software is delayed till September. Overall though compared to other built in systems I have had this one is good.

Mac.

Edited by: Mac2008

·
Registered
311 Posts
Oh man, I can't wait for this sat nav in ours.

i was playing with it in the demo version and oh i loved it. My hubby is French and he can have the instructions in French is great, thought that was going to cost me extra but alas it won't.

Roll on September, Roll on

Can you tell i'm excited, can you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am living in Netherlands and have allure 1.6e HDi
I was UK in december 2013 for Christmas I had before 3008 with Tomtom nav. Peugeot navigation let me down, system doesn't show below how fast
you are driving incase of speedlimit tomtom show u RED sighn it gives Always speed limit in KM , nav in my new peugeot 2008 had
speed limit in miles and not on every road was very limited.
You have confirm few times to setup yr destination.

Another minus point is it doesn't have postcode system to choose yr destination.

I think navigation system is a waste of money. Better buy buy cheap tomtom with trafic control.

·
Registered
21 Posts
im having trouble with the wizard too. do you need an activation code or is it just download to usb stick and insert and let it do its stuff. lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
insert usb and it does it all for you buddy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts