Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so first time using the Sat Nav today and I am a little confused.

I plugged in the location of my destination in Basingstoke this morning (roughly 85 miles away via M20 M25 M3, and on the "fastest, shortest, etc" screen the sat nav predicted the time to arrival in the order of 10 hrs 30 minutes on any one of the three routes. Now I know the M25 can be slow but.

Then the time to arrival display at the bottom left of the screen whilst travelling, was unduly optimistic: whilst sitting in the traffic with 60 miles to destination it's telling me that I have 50 minutes travelling left, which is particularly optimistic even if the roads were empty.

I have not had time to investigate whether there is a setting or something not right but is this a common problem? Am I doing anything wrong? My Garmin has always been spot on accurate for time to destination.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Burty, I will give you a wave when I'm sat on the M25 , I'm frequently not moving on there so the the 10 hours might be right

Kate

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not sure how the sat nav works in the 2008 as haven't got mine yet however I have copilot live on my iphone 4s which has traffic alerts and if it knows there is a traffic jam or roadworks somewhere ahead it will calculate the amount of time to get through it, granted though the 10 hours estimated seems a bit on the overkill side.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Burty, a setting on the system is normally set to off and needs to be on. It synchronises the system and the GPS. Page 257 in the manual on the one I downloaded. I found it by error as nothing in the instructions but it sorted mine out.

Menu steps are

Settings
System configuration
System settings

Date & Time

GPS Synchronisation:

Mac.

Edited by: Mac2008

·
Registered
98 Posts
I experience the opposite situation. I drive often from Copenhagen city to the northern coast of Sealand, a trip of about 60 km. I've earlier used Navigon on my iPhone, which among other things, supply me with online traffic data. I noticed that the car navigation system estimated the trip to last 15 min. longer than the Navigon calculation. I kept an eye on both systems and while Navigon made a smooth decrease of the remaining driving time, the Sat Nav kept on with its "pessimistic" estimate up to 3/4 of the trip, then quickly adjusting the the extimated reamining time in the final part of the trip.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mac2008 said:
Burty, a setting on the system is normally set to off and needs to be on. It synchronises the system and the GPS. Page 257 in the manual on the one I downloaded. I found it by error as nothing in the instructions but it sorted mine out.

Menu steps are

Settings
System configuration
System settings

Date & Time

GPS Synchronisation:

Mac.

Excellent. Thanks. I will try that. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts