Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every body. Forgot to mention in gallery topic that when we collected our 2008 on Saturday (11th) the full post code facility was on it(sat nav)and operating. However once entered one can not then enter the road name or number.Queried with dealer and they say that is how it operates.
Perhaps this is the anticipated update?If so it obviously out there!! Rgds to all ,Scotty.

2008 115 diesel Feline Mistral in Bianca White.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Likewise, I picked up my car at the end of November and it has the full postcode facility but once entered you cannot enter the road name or number.
I wonder if they have therefore included the update on the cars delivered recently or is a further update awaited ?

Ken

·
Registered
162 Posts
I picked mine up mid December and it has the old Sat Nav operation of country/town/street. It is in for it's checkup on Saturday and that is one of the things on their list to check.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Trevor.....Ken may well be right.The postcode is submitted in the "town" heading.But as we said it will not allow street name or number. Rgds Scotty

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well I never - you are right, that works.

But how bizzare. It just looks like a complete bodge job. Not very professional at all. If it said "Town/Postcode" it might have helped! my dealer knows nothing about this and still expecting an update in Feb/March. I certainly hope they intend to release a further update to tidy up the mess that they call a Sat Nav. I'm seriously considering buying myself a new TomTom.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Worst thing about the car , no wonder Peugeot is moving to Tom Tom in the near future.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agreewith last two comments.Peugeot could and should have done a lot better.Fortunately I kept my Garmin Nuvi which is far far better than the Peugeot one.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My sat nav doesn't say 'town' it says 'City' and 'street'. Neither of these let me put a postcode in. It also won't find my town, yet it will find the tiny hamlet 3 miles down the road. It's like sat navs have gone back in time! Poor show Peugeot!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just tried it and works on mine. Likewise about the dealer, they checked with head office and were told to expect an update.

·
Registered
107 Posts
For the people thathave had this software update does it resolve the radio issue as mentioned somewhere in this forum. The issue being that the radio is always on! so everytime you start the engine you jump out your seat, and the only way to shut it up is to mute it. Pretty poor if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've just contacted my chum at the dealers so I'll update the latest news asap.

Al.

·
Registered
162 Posts
As per other thread, yes, it is fixed. I think. Never had the problem, so not sure what it did do previously.

For me:

1. Mute radio while ignition on
2. Turn off ignition
3. Turn on ignition
4. Radio still muted

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes that is what I have been doing, just a very strange design idea. You would think you would have a power button like every other system which when turned off it would default to the sat nav map or the trip computer screen

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
The update is imminent.

Not available right now but will be shortly.

Al.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i take delivery of mine on wednesday so i can let you know if update is done

·
Registered
98 Posts
does anyone know the sw update procedure of the Sat Nav system? by DVD or USB key?

·
Registered
162 Posts
allan40alt said:
The update is imminent.

Not available right now but will be shortly.

Al.
What will this update actually be? Will it just bring all the non-postcode people up to the rest of us? Or are we all going to get shiny new sat nav worthy of the car itself?

·
Registered
162 Posts
molinari said:
does anyone know the sw update procedure of the Sat Nav system? by DVD or USB key?
Unlikely to be DVD since the car doesn't have one. I suspect the software needs to be upgraded by the dealer via the on board computer.

POI updates are via USB, but that is a different scenario altogether.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts