Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I have had my 2008 feline mistral for a week now and was wondering if anybody likes the sat nav thats on it as i find it hard to find places as it has no post code use and i put a main street in and it could not find it until i went to the map and zoomed in on it in the town i was going to and selected it from there. plus it has no speed camera alerts.

·
Registered
144 Posts
welcome holden
picked ours up yesterday
had good play with it today

as regards sat nav
I used 3 times today
managed to find addresses ok
(needed to turn voice up as hard to here but now loud and clear)

with regards to post codes this is coming on a update , my dealer says they will load it for us as soon as it available (might be something we can load ourselves , not sure)

with regards to safety cameras , this is something you have to purchase extra (someone has posted details already and im sure they will post a link shortly for you)

Grahame

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank Grahame, I was at my Peugeot dealer yesterday for a up date on the audio on/off system, They told me the same about updates later for post code and speed camera alerts, but as you said i noticed as well that you can purchase the update for speed camera which i explained to my dealership and they said they know nothing about this and that i should not pay for it when it does come out , So aim not sure which is true is the one you pay for works on a 2008 or is it that peugeot don't really know about the update you pay for. the other thing comes to mind is if the update you pay for is the real deal then why do new car owners have to pay for this. But otherwise i love the car very nice to drive.

·
Registered
144 Posts
holden
updates (improvements) are free

the safety camera alert is available now as upgrade rather than a update hence the charge

Grahame

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I bought the one off camera update. It works well. I figured I didn't need more than three updates a year so opted for the one off update rather than the yearly sub.

I still think it's a bit rich asking for extra for it though to be honest but at 8 Euro it's not a huge expense.

I find the location entry clunky myself. It desperately needs a post code entry and a querty keyboard (same problem with my Garmin) But that aside the navigation works well. I turned the voice off as with the display in the centre of the clocks I find you don't need it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts