Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered the sat nav on my Allure 2008, bit disappointed that it doesn't have the post code facility, I've asked salesman
he said that some are delivered with it and some aren't !!! and I will be contacted when they can upgrade mine.
Not knowing what is needed to upgrade my sat nav it all seems a bit weird to me, why can't they do it now ?
Does anyone have e mail address for Peugeot so I can contact them direct, Thanks ;-)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
It should have the post code as it's been on for some time.

Try entering the post code in the 'Town' or 'City' and see if that works.

Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
BlueEyes said:
Ordered the sat nav on my Allure 2008, bit disappointed that it doesn't have the post code facility, I've asked salesman
he said that some are delivered with it and some aren't !!! and I will be contacted when they can upgrade mine.
Not knowing what is needed to upgrade my sat nav it all seems a bit weird to me, why can't they do it now ?
Does anyone have e mail address for Peugeot so I can contact them direct, Thanks ;-)

http://www.peugeot.co.uk/contact-us-by-email/
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">http://www.peugeot.co.uk/contact-us/

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for info. I have e mailed Peugeot customer services, they are looking into it, will receive a reply within 3 working days .. found it annoying when I asked salesman about it yesterday, felt a bit fobbed off. :-/

·
Registered
96 Posts
I believe this question has been asked before, but is there any way to find out the version number of the sat nav firmware you have installed?

It appears that there was an update issued in April/May 2014, which included UK Post Codes, but does anyone know if there has been anything since then?

I am currently awaiting delivery of an October built Active and would like to have a bit of advance information, so that I know what questions to ask before I hand over the cash!

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ive had my Crossway 2008 for about 2 weeks now, from new. My radio comes on straight away on ignition and only allows postcode entry via the 'Town' field. Just spoken to my sales person at Arbury Peugeot nr Walsall. He is going to check with servicing tomorrow. I advised him I had read on this forum that there is an apparent update correcting this. He said some updates are released gradually but he is unsure about this.... Just shows that cars sit around in storage parks for many months. Good news is Ive done 480 miles and the dial is still a tiny way from red.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
WitchWayCrossway said:
Ive had my Crossway 2008 for about 2 weeks now, from new. My radio comes on straight away on ignition and only allows postcode entry via the 'Town' field. Just spoken to my sales person at Arbury Peugeot nr Walsall. He is going to check with servicing tomorrow. I advised him I had read on this forum that there is an apparent update correcting this. He said some updates are released gradually but he is unsure about this.... Just shows that cars sit around in storage parks for many months. Good news is Ive done 480 miles and the dial is still a tiny way from red.
I think you will find that your Sat-nav has the latest version.The first cars came without 7 digit post code support.

·
Registered
273 Posts
As I was saying on my post on the Bluetooth topic PSA.s computer technology seems less than robust. I seem to recall that the cost of the sat-nav as an option for my Allure would have been several hundred pounds for a unit which is technically very inferior to the Garmin unit I purchased for less than one hundred.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I don't think it is uncommon for built in Sat-Navs to be a bit over priced. If I recall correctly it was a £400 option on my Feline, which I paid.

To put it simply the Sat-Nav is a bit sh*t. It works, and there are advantages to it being integrated. But it doesn't compare well with aftermarket Sat-Navs.

I have a Garmin unit that I bought about a year before buying my 2008, for around £170 and for that I get free lifetime firmware/software and map and points of interest updates.

There are a number of irritants with the 2008 Sat Nav.

Even with the post code entry, (which is clearly an afterthought and a clunky fix), it's not possible to add a house number if you have entered the post code, or even see the name of the road.

It doesn't appear possible to view the different route options on the map when setting up the route in the first place. (It seems that two of the three route options - fastest, shortest, compromise, are always the same)

When re-routed the only info you can get is a +/-Miles indication which is not altogether that useful, where's the display of the alternative route on the map?

The next instruction is often delivered very late (common issue with many sat navs in my experience)

Time to destination is hugely optimistic. (I've had it showing 50 minutes to my destination for a 60 mile trip before now) (My Garmin is always very nearly spot on)

There are probably loads more, but that will do for now.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
WitchWayCrossway said:
....................................How do you enter waypoints into a route?

Look for the little flag:

Hope this helps you find the little flag.

Al.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hopefully, for those of us in the U.K. the wording in the box on the Navigation 'screen' will be in English, rather than French!

Out of interest, has anyone found a way yet to check which version of the satnav software (or firmware) is currently installed? Hopefully it is displayed on a 'hidden' page somewhere or other!

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Latest on the sat nav saga ... Peugeot customer services contacted Toomeys where I bought car, they in turn rang us to book in 2008 to have sat nav facility put on, the lady who my husband spoke to said .. we will try and update the sat nav but you know it may not work ... well who's fault will that be .. have I got an old system in the car or have they not got the latest software .. this is going to be interesting

·
Registered
96 Posts
Interesting indeed!

As I understand it... and I could well be wrong here, Peugeot don't actually supply the latest sat-nav software, or even updates, to their dealers free of charge... they make them pay for it!

If this is the case then it perhaps understandable why dealers who have not sold many cars with that functionality already installed, or whose customers have not requested it, will not be quite so inclined to actually buy any new software from Peugeot.

As I mentioned before, I have a vested interest in this topic, as I am picking up a new 2008 Active on Friday with a factory fitted sat-nav. It is supposed to be an October build, so in theory it should come with the latest version already installed, unless of course they are all sent out with generic 'European' software, and the specific UK customisation is then down to to the dealer.... who knows?

I have already made my dealer aware of my thoughts on this particular matter... forewarned is forearmed etc. as I have a feeling that once they actually have my money in their hands, then they might not perhaps show quite the same level of enthusiasm in sorting things out for me... but then I always was a bit of a cynic anyway!

Edited by: Montala

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the graphic. The interesting thing is I haven't seen the navigation menu formated diagonally like that. Going to have a play around with the system tomorrow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Heres one..on the most up to date cars, is the postcode facility in a separate field (in its own right), or is the postcode still entered in the town field? My dealer has not contacted me back. As far as I am concerned, if you buy new from dealer then the firmware and software should be fully up to date.

·
Registered
96 Posts
WitchWayCrossway said:
Heres one..on the most up to date cars, is the postcode facility in a separate field (in its own right), or is the postcode still entered in the town field? My dealer has not contacted me back. As far as I am concerned, if you buy new from dealer then the firmware and software should be fully up to date.
I agree entirely... I will let you know on Friday!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My Allure booked into today to find out if my sat nav can be updated to receive the post code facility, I sat down with a coffee to wait for the hour it was going to take to upgrade the software, after 15 minutes the service manager came over and told me I already have the latest software as its a brand new car and I also have the post code facility ... well it seems I tried to put the post code in the wrong place, it apparently goes in the City section, showed me how to do that and it worked a treat ... so it seems really that the sales guy as nice as he was is not up to speed on the operating of the sat nav, he told me I didn't have it .. any how I'm very pleased all sorted .. absolutely love the 2008. ˜„

·
Registered
96 Posts
@ BlueEyes,

Pleased to hear that you are now sorted!

I had another chance to check mine out today also, and as you say, a post code has to be entered in the city or town 'box'. I thought the 'predictive text' function is quite clever also, like when you enter the first two letters of a post code which are not a location which is in the database (in my case 'HR') it automatically gives you a list of numbers, rather than letters, to select the next character.

When driving I find the 'next junction' indication in the small screen immediately in front of you very useful also, as it saves you having to take your eyes of the road to look at the big screen.

I still have a lot more things to find out about yet though!

Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts