Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive just purchased a 2014 allure model but it doesnt have sat nav fitted Is this a software/app add on to the existing touch screen unit or do I have to buy a complete new touch screen unit and have that fittedAny help would be appreciated Cheers Angela

·
Registered
316 Posts
Don't think it can be added afterwards, but just ring dealer and ask always best way

·
Registered
316 Posts
This might be of help, goggle "ACAP9200' its a company that fits aftermarket sat nav, there is video's on utube for it. Not sure where they are.Edited by: Mik207

·
Registered
398 Posts
Keep the Menu button pressed...tell us the SMEG version.
Usually, the software can be rewritten with the SMEG 3.17 or 3.20, already on net.
If the GPS part is missing (hardware), you can do nothing but try to change the unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi I Did as you said I have Smeg 3.17 version installed Any more help would be appreciated Cheers Angela

·
Registered
165 Posts
The ACAP9200 looks a great bit of kit. If anyone finds a UK supplier I think there will be a queue to have the SatNav mod done.
If anyone does find a supplier, can I suggest the name etc are posted on the Forum?

Edited by: Geoffh

·
Registered
398 Posts
Theoretically if you install the official SMEG 3.20 R3, there is also the SatNav in the installing kit.Can not tell you if will install it, but for sure you have nothing to lose, as is the official version.
The upgrade must be made in conformity with instructions from GPSpower.net
The engine will be running 1 hour as the upgrade is made.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If sat nav not factory fit the whole radio/touchscreen needs to be replaced as its a different set up under the hood

1 - 9 of 9 Posts