Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all noticed that some on here have had the satnav updated from dealer to allow postcodes to be entered.
Are dealers doing this or do i have to pester peugeot or the dealer to get it done.

Have to say the satnav is the worst thing in the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ended up sharing half the cost price with the dealer ( about £45) to get the post codes working on my ex-demonstrator feline 1.6. I think others may have been able to get the upgrade for free......Peugeot UK weren't interested in helping when I contacted them.It's worth having though as the sat nav now works well and has speed camera warnings which can be activated via Navteq once the firmware upgrade is completed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the dealer that told me the update was due about 4 month ago and said they would contact me but you can guess they haven't. Sat nav is virtually useless as shipped can't find roads you know exist but when you put POI in it shows the road.
Will try dealer first and see what they say.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Mine was done free of charge after I contacted Peugeot Customer service.

BTW the speed camera warnings are available with the original version software.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rang dealers and they will do it for me, just need to book it in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In my case the Navteq firmware update came with a reference code for 1 free download of speed camera data from their website which I transferred to the sat nav via a memory stick...was reasonably straight forward process. You then make sure Risk area alert setting is switched on in the Navigation menu.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all!I didn't choose SatNav when I ordered my 2008... wish I had now. Is it as easy as updating the software, or is it a no go? (Sorry for the silly question)

·
Registered
162 Posts
This is what you need:

http://www.navigation.com/2008_2013.../peugeot-eu/product/E4742011407001/en_GB/GBP/

Not perfect though by any stretch of the imagination. A number of cameras around this area it will alert you one way but not the other and these are continually swapped around. Okay when you know. But you could potentially come across a camera facing your way that isn't highlighted if you are in an area you do not know. I wish they would just warn both ways and not just in one direction.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well what a load of tosh booked car in for update they tried to fix it for lockup
and phone problems which i knew nowt about. They pulled my cover off blaming that
and then realized it was a different customer. He said he done some sort of update
and i can now put full post code in, is this the update? The radio always turns on after key
is turned on. Really not pleased with the dealer 2 times they have said i turned up on wrong day
even though i wrote it down on calender.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
nitrams19 said:
Well what a load of tosh booked car in for update they tried to fix it for lockup
and phone problems which i knew nowt about. They pulled my cover off blaming that
and then realized it was a different customer. He said he done some sort of update
and i can now put full post code in, is this the update? The radio always turns on after key
is turned on. Really not pleased with the dealer 2 times they have said i turned up on wrong day
even though i wrote it down on calender.
In my experience complaining works.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still no further forward with this dealer said they would contact peugeot and get back they haven't as you can guess.Will be back up to see them in the next few days.
Can anyone give details of update and does it solve any of the following issues i have.
The sat nav takes some full postcodes but more often than not the first 4 digits are accepted then that's it.
Can i ask how does the radio function changes when the update is done.
If radio was turned off and i stopped turned ignition off would it stay off after ignition is turned back on.
Finally i can go in settings and turn off screen but after ignition goes off to on again screen comes back on will update solve this.
Thanks all

·
Registered
162 Posts
nitrams19 said:
The sat nav takes some full postcodes but more often than not the first 4 digits are accepted then that's it.
Re the postcode issue you are having - I have found that sometimes it
needs a space, sometimes not. So if you find it only accepts 4 digits,
try the next character as a space and then try to enter the remaining
digits. It is all a bit random, but works for me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Putting spaces in works sometimes and i've managed to get some full post codes in but it seems to few and far between.Very frustrating but dealer service is even worse.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
nitrams,

If you have the version of the SMEG system, System version. SMEG3.17.A.R3 then the full postcode search should work. With this version I've not yet encountered a full postcode that it won't accept.

Also this version fixes the radio/media mute problem, i.e. if you turn it off it stays off when you restart the car.

If your car still suffers these issues then you don't have the 'latest' version of the system and any update work that your dealer did, clearly they didn't do properly.

I say 'latest' because there does appear to be a later SMEG version 3.20 but it seems this isn't supported in the UK (although a few owners appear to have upgraded theirs themselves.)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just picked my car up today and the postcode search works. Also the entire screen layout has changed, no more curved effect, actually seems better.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Guys

When was the latest update for satnav? How do you get the speed camera alerts, is it in settings?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 56 Posts