Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a hairy moment the other evening and I think the black one may well have saved my bacon.

It was pretty dark and it had been raining heavy. I wasn't going that fast, maybe 40-50 and I have only been along the same road about 2 hours before in the light.

I rounded a bend and suddenly in my lights was about 15-20ft of standing water. It was 2 late to brake so I just gritted my teeth and decided to go with it. As I hit the water the car just slightly began to aqua plane. Much to my amazement the car then seemed to take over. The ESP light started to flash rapidly:

and the steering wheel juddered, 'we' stopped aquaplaning instantly and the car kind of started to drive itself. I still felt in control but the car was certainly doing it's bit in a big way. Myself and the black one made it safely through the other side and the symbol stopped flashing.

I checked when I got home and the flashing symbol meant the stabilty/traction control had kicked in. I sit here now thinking to myself that I might not have been here to write this had I still had my 207.

So from me, big big praise for the ESP system.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Good news.It's important to take care in all this rain, there is so much standing water about and running water across carriageways.I have seen so many incidents recently due to aquaplaning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts