Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New to the site. Just wondering if anyone can help.
I have a 66 plate Peugeot 2008 allure 1.6 blueHDi diesel. Yesterday I had the engine warning light, service light and the UREA Light all come on. My handbook tells me that this is an SCR emissions control system fault however doesn’t tell me how to fix it. I have topped up the adBlue tank with 10 litres and tried recanting the service indicator but nothing is working. Can anyone shed any light?

many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Some questions

How long have you had your car, am thinking you must have just got it, or else you'd have joined the forum ages ago? :)

So some questions:

1) Did the adblue not give you a warning before it runs out?
2) Is the car due a service?
3) Did you try this little known search engine called 'google'? Shhh don't tell anyone else or they'd all be using it!

It gives me this:

If you have fried your NOX sensor then it won't be cheap...price is in the link above

On ebay slightly cheaper, but please check with your dealer that it's the right part before buying and ensure you've a local mechanic that can clear the fault code.

And all of that took me a mere 3 minutes, if you need a PA my rates are quite reasonable :D

And one of the reasons I'll never drive a diesel again, too many additional issues to deal with (DPF, EGR etc)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi all. New to the site. Just wondering if anyone can help.
I have a 66 plate Peugeot 2008 allure 1.6 blueHDi diesel. Yesterday I had the engine warning light, service light and the UREA Light all come on. My handbook tells me that this is an SCR emissions control system fault however doesn’t tell me how to fix it. I have topped up the adBlue tank with 10 litres and tried recanting the service indicator but nothing is working. Can anyone shed any light?

many thanks in advance.

Another member had a faulty adblue tank which caused the warning light to come on:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks TAoD Sadly on the link given Dotty never came back to advise of the fix, indeed she never posted again, so although the same fault, you seem to have led the OP down a bit of a blind alley :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts