Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever had the unpleasant suprise of finding scratches on your car's bumpers after a shopping trip in the city? I have, more than once ... lokks like not everybody have parking sensors on their cars

In order to prevent that (as long as possible) I've found these on ebay:

they stick out about 1 cm from the car's bumpers and they are painted in the same pearl white colour of my 2008.

The picture also shows the original Peugeot transparent rubber guards

Edited by: molinari

·
Registered
311 Posts
I can't tell what I should be looking at.

Can you draw an arrow on the picture please.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi molinari, I must have missed the point here but how does that tiny 1cm stick-on part save another car brushing against your car?

Have you a link to the ebayitem?

Al.

PS: Pearlescent White looks good.

PPS: adjusted thickness.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Allan it's 1 cm thick and prevent other car's bumpers to scratch the painting in the corners. That's a place where I got a few scratches on my former cars. I have also done the same on the rear corners (same item in black)

I can't find the ebay link right now but I'll do some investigation later today

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Ah, yes. 1cm....but wouldn't this 'skin' be better on each corner?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA7yCujMCNk

Isn't it amazing!

PS: I've got this for all the paintwork in my door sills but I guess it would also be good on each corner:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p4712.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=3M+Clear+Helicopter+Bike+Frame+Protection+Tape+%2F+Vinyl+-+2mtr+x+50mm&_sacat=0&_from=R40

They used it on helicopter blade edges in the Vietnam war to protect from shrapnel debris so it must be tough.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
problaby yes, but those skins tend to become yellow with time.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
What are the Peugeot protection cappings like? I was contemplating buying a set or alternatively getting a ventureshield kit fitted.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Burty - forgive my poor English but I'm not sure what you intend with "cappings"My car has both Peugeot's scratch guard skins and door rubber stripes mounted, the latter having a limited effect, in my opinion, as they don't protect the upper part of the doors. I also doubt about the efficency of the skins, they can't protect the bumper's corners at all

Edited by: molinari

1 - 9 of 9 Posts