Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have finally made the decision to trade in my 2015 reg'd red 2008. It only has just over 4,500 on the clock (really) but as valuations are mainly based on year-age (a low mileage only makes the vehicle more appealing to buyers), and having just had to say goodbye to my Basset, I am doing the switch to a P.108. The time feels right.

I found one, an Active 5 dr. in white reg. in March 2018, with only just over 6,500 on the clock. I've not seen it - it's with a sister dealership but we went to see another with the dealership near here in Launceton, to check for rear access/size for my Whippet. It looks doable with the back seats down and some foam padding to bring the back up to the level of the bottom of the seats when flat. She should be able to manage it. I was offered what I felt was a good trade-in price meaning I can do the switch for under £1K as hoped, and have a slightly newer car in years. So provided I like the car which is being brought down from Barnstaple next week, it will be goodbye to my 2008. I'll be sad to see her go, but as I see it, the only minus really is the increased annual Vehicle Tax (from £30 to £150). Oh and it doesn't have tinted back and side windows but I can get that done for £120 locally. Once the financial dust has settled.

So it will also be goodbye to the forum. :cry:

·
Registered
411 Posts
The 108 is a great car. My wife had one for several years and now my son drives it. Good luck.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Am sure your 2008 has some great memories despite the low miles.:)

Hope your whippet and you enjoy.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Am sure your 2008 has some great memories despite the low miles.:)

Hope your whippet and you enjoy.
It's our second 2008, the first bought in 2013, new. So yes, memories and I keep wondering whether I'm doing the right thing! Trouble is by the end of the year this 2008 will need new tires, the temperature guage needs repairing which I was going to have done with the next service /MOT end of September/October. Somebody is going to get a bargoon with this 2008 regardless. I hope they treat her kindly, My cars are always a 'her' although I didn't give this lot a name :D unlike our Sprite (Suki) and then 2 Midgets (Bridget and Bertha).

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it was a good idea, at the time. We went for a test drive of this 108 yesterday and quite frankly I wasn't in the least impressed. To the point that driving back home in the 2008, I decided that to buy that 108 and having to pay close on £1 for the switch was not a good idea. More like they should pay ME £1 to take it away. So the purchase has been cancelled and I'm still 'with 2008' and looking like I will be for some time to come now. Whether it was just that car but it just wasn't anything I wanted to drive. I expected smaller, but gutless, no way. I can't believe the 108s are so popular.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Might be the model. My wife's 108 was far from gutless. However you obviously made the right decision for yourself.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Might be the model. My wife's 108 was far from gutless. However you obviously made the right decision for yourself.
It's been relisted with my local dealership " Excellent bodywork, Excellent condition, tyres excellent. Full dealership history - 1 (not so careful!) owner". Same price. Well clearly I didn't drive the same vehicle! Or maybe I've just become too used to the 2008s after having two since 2013.

·
Registered
67 Posts
As Tab0404 posted it might be the model. Have you got a link to the ad?

What power is your current 2008? I ask because a 1 litre 108 Active might only deliver 67bhp, my 2014 2008 feline delivers 115bhp so I would definitely notice the difference if I'd switched to a 67bhp car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, something will come along that will be right for you.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My 2008, old face, registered in late 2015, is a 1.2 /82 bhp Active. So not anywhere near as flash as the feline!! The 108 I looked at, was 1 5-door 1 lr 5-door. I guess as said, being used to driving the 2008s (our first was a 1.6 lr so the newer current car did have to be 'driven' a bit more - no slopping round corners without changing down) changing to a smaller car was going to be a bit of a culture shock. However, that being said, I just didn't feel the car was for me. It's on the Truscotts, Launceston website - no pix yet but it's the last car listed on their used car listings. The one with a 2018 reg. and a mileage of just over 6500 at just under £7000. White.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is the link to the 108 - scroll across for the destription - no photos posted yet but it may be the white 108 shown in one of the photos towards the end, on the lot.

·
Registered
61 Posts
the 1.0 engine in that car, is it the 3 cylinder one? 'cos i've driven a few them over the years and you do need to drive them enthusiastically!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As far as I'm aware, it was a 3 cylinder. I think part of the trouble I had with that car was because the gearbox was so notchy, I couldn't work out which gear I was actually in most of the I was driving it!! I know when we moved from the current 1.2 2008 we have now from the 1.6 the first 2008 was, I was warned by the dealer that I'd find I had 'to drive' the car. As said before. He was right. Maybe this was the same. Overall however, it wasn't the car for me and now I lappreciate my 2008 even more!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is the link to the 108 - scroll across for the destription - no photos posted yet but it may be the white 108 shown in one of the photos towards the end, on the lot.
Here is another link, just added to their website - Peugeot 108 1.0 ACTIVE 5DR Petrol de 2018 sur Launceston (PL15 8EX) - Peugeot Approved
One wonders why I didn't buy it !!!!! :unsure:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts