Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

It's almost one year since I got my 1.6VTi and the emails reminding me to get a service are starting to arrive. My car now has 8000 miles on the clock and has been a pleasure to drive. There are a lot of hills and great driving roads up here in Scotland and I just love driving it. My average fuel consumption for the year has been 42 MPG, which has included several long distance trips to England and lots of twisty hilly B roads in Scotland.

My local peugeot dealer in Dundee (14 miles away) have quoted £215 for a scheduled service.

Has anyone else had a service on a 1.6 VTI petrol 2008 and what did it cost?

There are several independent garages in my town, but I think maybe I should go to the Peugeot dealer so they can update the software as well.

Cheers
Declan

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've recently had my diesel serviced and the dealer said it didn't need a full service as it had only done just over 2000 miles.

Things like the pollen filter didn't need any attention so they charged me about £130.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
OK, so mine is Diesel, and I recently had the 12500 service completed at my local Robins And Day dealership. That cost was £210 ish (although I had a half price deal so paid just half ofthat).

To be honest I thought that was expensive considering what they have to do. That said, I have not studied the bill in detail.

If you want some comparative prices Robins and Day have their fixed price servicing prices listed on their web site so you should see what they would quote you for your own car.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Montala said:
Having seen the above prices I am even more pleased now that I went for the 'Just Add Fuel' option!

Yes; Insurance plus the Service plus the RFL all adds up.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just add fuel is ok if you want to change your car regularly and never own it. At the end of the lease you have no equity unless you make the final payment. You would get hit for excess mileage as well, you paying the preminum for peace of mind. It will get expensive if you lose your licence medical or banIt may not suit all people

1 - 7 of 7 Posts