Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I purchased a used dec 2016 2008 gt line last year with just over 40k miles and it’s coming up to its service and Mot. I have a two year service plan and half price Mot so was expecting nothing much to pay.
The service call centre said I have to have an emissions change, brake fluid change and coolent change all totalling over £200. I’ve checked my manual and can’t see any of those things recommended and thinking they are just charging me for things I technically don’t need. Also really pushed me to have my air con done when I don’t even use it.
Any ideas

·
Registered
Peugeot 2008 1.2 GT-Line EAT6 Ultimate Red
46 Posts
It's normal to have brake fluid changed after two years and that's not included in a service plan, it's usually about £60 extra. I don't know what they mean by Emissions Change though and the coolant doesn't normally require changing for the life of the car. Is this from a Peugeot main dealer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Yes it’s from a main dealer. But I called the 0300 number to book it in and it’s the call centre not the dealership.
I did query it all but he said it needed to be done. I’ve never heard of the coolent being changed either, my last Peugeot never had it. Emissions I have no idea and I don’t mind the brake fluid being changed but it all sounded very suss. I will call the actual dealership tomorrow and cancel it. I can probably change the brake fluid cheaper somewhere else but it’s on a lease and needs Peugeot servicing so will still have to go there.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The technicians at the dealers should be able to test the coolant and brake fluid and would usually only recommend replacing if either one fails dunno about emmissions

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nadine, was going to ask what country your in but then noticed you used the word 'sussed' :D

OK

I change the in this order

Oil = 1 yrs
Brake fluid = 2yrs (only if test shows it's over 2% water)
Coolant -3 years
PAS = 4yrs
Transmission = 5yrs

I always ensure that my wiper fluid is topped up and check the condition of my wipers, tyres then and before MOT

Weirdly 3yrs ago Halfords changed the brake, coolant and PAS fluid for £60 inc in my 3.0 Audi and the Halfords premium pink coolant met VAG specs.

Interestingly I took my profile pic car in for it's MOT on Saturday at ATS...flew through with no advisories...whilst I was waiting 4 drivers came in to make an enquiry about new tyres, when they were asked the tyre size not a single one knew what they were. Another driver came in for a booked tyre change and couldn't find their locking wheel nut and had to leave.

One thing they all had in common was their gender....PLEASE don't be one of those!

Natch I was doubled up with mirth in the car park.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts