Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my '17 plate 2008 GT line today, while out shopping, the orange SERVICE light came on, no chance to check on it until we got home.

We got home from shopping and after unpacking I went back to the car and restarted the engine. No service light this time at all. On reading the manual and pressing the service button the display stated 'Maintenance due in 12150 miles or 5 months'.

A bit worrying as we're off on holiday next weekend. Any ideas folks?

·
Registered
540 Posts
The ""˜SERVICE' light does not indicate the car needs a service, the light means there is a fault. It's french, they come on from time to time if it doesn't come on again just ignore it.

When it's due a device a spanner appears when you start the car, for a few seconds and when it's nearly due it stays on permanently.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL thanks Frank we'll wait and see if it does reoccur.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't want to upset you but I got the same orange warning light in my Ford Focus TDI - turned out the turbo had failed... get it to a dealer and get it checked out!Edited by: Brianthemodeller

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I did drop them an email and will chase them on Monday. Hopefully I can get it looked at before we go away!

·
Registered
540 Posts
It covers all sorts - I wouldn't worry especially if it was amber rather than red.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I got a response from Robins & Day which indicates similar:
Good to hear from you, hope all is well your car. I have had similar with some of my demonstrators, when you start your car up, all the lights on the dashboard will come on initially to ensure that all the backlights are working. These lights will go off, some take longer than others.

As I am sure you are well aware, your car is not due its first service for quite a while yet, so as long as no other lights stayed on/ no warning messages, I am sure it will be ok.

If the light persists and you continue to have concerns, then please do not hesitate to get back in touch.
So panic over hopefully :)

Edited by: dbrewood

·
Registered
72 Posts
The SERVICE light will come on and stay on if there is a fault and be accompanied by another warning light and message to indicate the possible fault. Don't worry about it , especially if it is amber.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts