Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought the service interval for the 2008 was 10000 mile or 1 year. The garage have not repaired some paint work properly and didn't have time to do it this week while they had the car. So when I picked it up Friday I said that it wasn't a problem as the service was due (it's done 8500 miles) and they could do it then. He looked suprised and said it wasn't due until December (1 year) or 16000 miles. I queried the service interval and he printed me off a service schedule specific to my car as the report had my chassis number, and it definitely says 16000 miles. So I was pleasantly surprised by that (even though I get my first service free ;) ).

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yes, PSA (Peugeot Citroen) changed the interval to 16k (nearst round figure to 25k km) in late 2013 from the 12.5k/ 12 month intervals.

However the inability of the DW6 (1.6HDi) engine to tolerate oil that isn't perfect is well documented - my advice for anyone thinking of keeping their car longer than the warranty period is to get it done at 12,500 miles or 12 months and personally I wouldn't buy a 1.6HDi engine without a mint history to that effect.

Oil is cheap, turbo's aren't (and it's a £2,500 strip down of all filters, sump, pipes etc. for the DW6)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts