Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several gripes with my Peugeot 2008, I agree with the heavy boot, there are not drinks holders plus my cab doesn't warm up quickly enough. I've been fobbed off by the dealership that the engine is economical and that because it's diesel it will combust at higher temps so taking longer for the engine to warm. It should be quicker to warm up!! There are plenty of other diesel cars that warm up within minutes of starting the engine. Even running the car on the driveway for over 30 minutes the cab is still cold. I can't wait to change this car and I won't buy a Peugeot again. Edited by: Hudson2008

·
Registered
179 Posts
All I can say is I don't have to wait ANYWHERE near that long for my car (admittedly a petrol) to be toasty warm in side.Even on the coldest days. In fact more often than not I'm turning the heating down as it gets to hot inside, quickly.I'd be 'consulting your nearest dealer' - again!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have had two Peugeot 2008 diesels, 90bhp and now the 120. Blue hid, both have been a pain to warm up inside the cabin starting off. Prior to the peugeots I had two Citroen c3 Picasso diesels which are a simliar engine. They was fine starting off to warm the cabin, I guess it is a design thing to allow the diesel to warm up in the Peugeot before heating the cabin.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hudson2008 said:
I have several gripes with my Peugeot 2008, I agree with the heavy boot, there are not drinks holders plus my cab doesn't warm up quickly enough. I've been fobbed off by the dealership that the engine is economical and that because it's diesel it will combust at higher temps so taking longer for the engine to warm. It should be quicker to warm up!! There are plenty of other diesel cars that warm up within minutes of starting the engine. Even running the car on the driveway for over 30 minutes the cab is still cold. I can't wait to change this car and I won't buy a Peugeot again.
Heat is a waste byproduct of the combustion process and your dealer is correct, the diesel engine is very efficient and does take time to warm up - this will continue to be the case as engines become very ore efficient. Also, leaving it idle with the engine running won't warm the car up either - the engine will not get warm enough to get its own temperature up (which the car will prioritise for wear and tear along with meeting emissions standards), you are simply causing unhelpful premature wear on the engine.

I'm lucky I guess, my A2 has a supplementary heater which means the cabin is toasty within 90 seconds she the engine was up quickly as the heat is all recirculated.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I can't say that I ever found my HDi 115 slow to warm up. Although my car lives in a garage so rarely gets really cold inside.

A while back I had a Fiat Grande Punto 90hp diesel and that was quite honestly the worst car I have ever owned when it came to the heater and air conditioning system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts