Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you will know, unfortunately somebody ran into the back of my 2008 last month
. The other person's insurance company accepted liability (thankfully I had some amazing witnesses who took lots of photos) and they agreed to allow me to select my own garage for repairs (I wanted to use an approved Peugeot dealership).

I really struggled to find a Peugeot dealership anywhere near me who had the facilities to carry out the works but I eventually discovered an approved Peugeot body shop called Seventy Seven Motors in Newark (Notts). Apparently the Peugeot dealership in Newark sub-contract work to them. They were fantastic - they completely took over my claim, submitted estimates on my behalf, liaised with the insurance company and Enterprise rent-a-car, carried out the work in days rather than weeks, used only Peugeot parts and did a fantastic job. The also do servicing, apparently as they are Peugeot approved and use Peugeot parts then going to them instead of a dealership will not affect my warranty. I will check out their prices nearer the time.

Hopefully you will never be in the position of needing to have your 2008 repaired but if you do and you are anywhere near Newark then I can really recommend using SMC Newark.

Ps having driven around in an awful Toyota Aygo for a few days it was lovely to get my 2008 back

·
Registered
506 Posts
Glad to hear that "Hilda" is back on the road Kate.

Its also good when we hear of garages that have provided a tremendous service, which is what you want and pay for.

My advice is if the garage is not too far away and you are obviously happy with their work etc then, why not use them for servicing and repairs.

The way it is these days if they are VAT registered you can use them to carry out repairs and servicing on your car, especially if they use the manufacturers parts it won't affect the warranty.

Obviously there will be times when you may need a courtesy car if they don't provide one, which I'll be surprised if they don't, then you may need to use your local dealer.

I would rush out now and buy it one of those handbaggy things to dangle from the mirror or whatever.

·
Registered
540 Posts
uncletone said:
The way it is these days if they are VAT registered you can use them to carry out repairs and servicing on your car, especially if they use the manufacturers parts it won't affect the warranty.
That is true but it is important to remember that most three year warranties aren't all 'manufacturers' warranties - they invariably are built up of one year manufacturer and two year dealer or vice-versa; there is no requirement for the dealer element to be covered under the EU legislation that covers the manufacturers part, this can be withheld if it doesn't have a 'full dealership' history.

Glad the car is sorted now, not long ago you'd always be able to tell if a car has been repaired - now, it can be seamless

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you say "dealer' are you referring to Peugeot in general (so any approved Peugeot facility) or to a specific Peugeot dealership (in other words should I go back to Evans Halshaw, or another actual Peugeot dealership, for the first 3 years)? I'm a little confused, sorry....

With regard to the repairs they just replaced everything with new - a new tailgate and a new bumper. They didn't even consider trying to straighten it out. Looks good.

Tone - Hilda?!!!! Edited by: KateinNotts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Any authorised Peugeot dealer - it doesn't have to be the supplying one

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you

·
Registered
126 Posts
Glad 'Hilda' is back.
I've driven an Aygo before on holiday. Horrible layout. Exchanged it for a Micra the next day which was much better.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is it with you lot and "Hilda"?!! I can't say that I have ever named a car

The Aygo was possibly the worst car I have ever driven....opening the car door resulted in a hollow, tinny sound and being surrounded by red shiny plastic made me grumpy. Listening to the radio was impossible because of the engine noise. Never again.....

·
Registered
506 Posts
Was that not a name given to a range of Louis's handbags.

Seems appropriate for me and Marie seems to agree

1 - 9 of 9 Posts