Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is now two months since I took delivery of my 2008 and a persistent odour remains in the passenger cabin. It's NOT the leather, leather doesn't smell like this.At first we thought it was perhaps some dressing on the all (perforated) leather upholstery but we've ruled that out.
If we get in the car, the smell is there but goes after we move off.
I can only think that when parked/in the sun/whatever, something is warmed up but the odour goes once underway with the AirCon on.
I cannot detect the odour specifically (Carpets/Plastics etc.) and haven't got a clue how to eradicate it but as my wife has asthma, I can't just use any old air freshener.
Any inputs are welcome.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
This may help:

http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/get-rid-of-unwanted-odours_topic1236.html#.VhE30TZdHIU

PS:....and this may help:

http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/ac-smells-like-dirty-socks_topic1039.html#.VhE5BzZdHIU

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
165 Posts
You shouldn't need to but try using a product called Air Con Sanitizer by AutoGlym. You warm up the engine, put air con on recirculate for a few minutes then place this opened canister on the floor on the passenger side. You then let the engine & air con run, on recirculate, for about 10-15 minutes. It kills off any nasties in the system as well as sanitising the whole interior including carpets and roof lining. I used it on my wife's 7 year old 307 before we got the 2008 and she stopped coughing every time we went out in the car.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Any Ozone based treatment will solve it. Usually you find it in car washing.Make sure you treat the leather after with some leather protectors, as the Ozone is highly corrosive and leather surface will suffer in time if you don't treat it. Use glycerin based products for car leather (Turtle is fine).
Applied a few times in my old 2008, worked like charm, even plastic smell disappeared.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts