Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT line manual orange
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive had the car 3 days and done 500 miles. Am very pleased so far to be fair. My snagging list for the 1k check up so far is:

1. Boot shut line needs adjusting
  2. drivers side wiper judders badly even in the heaviest rain
  3. the speed pre-sets don't work
James

·
Registered
506 Posts
Jimmy , Jimmy what are you saying that our beloved cars are not perfect.

Goodness me my man, you'll be hung drawn and quartered for saying things like that.

1. As a matter of fact "madams" doesn't line up perfectly and believe it or not some of the guys at a company I visit have these as company cars, hence why we ended up with one but that's another story for tomorrow night. And theirs are the same. Unbelievable I know.
  2. I think you'll find that the windscreen needs a really degreasing and I mean a good degreasing along with said wiper blade. The cars come with a lot of protective wax on them and they don't always remove all the remnants of it.
  3. think we've discussed that now, as the old saying goes "unlucky you", me and Kate and a few others as well.
Glad you're enjoying it. I must admit even tho' I've given back to "madam " now, after slipping 4k miles on it in four weeks I miss it.

I must admit I hated the thing the first day we bought it and a few on here pulled me to task over it and rightly so. But you know what as the mile s have gone on we've bonded, not like Russian Women or Goldfish in a pond but you know what I mean.

Enjoy it my friend and welcome to the club, you'll enjoy yourself here.

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update Tone

1. tailgate still needs adjusting
2. yea has settled down and ok now
3. sorted :)

James

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just back from the 1k check and all good. They adjusted the rear door shut line and now lined up well. The stops are fixed so is adjusted on the lock receiver as per the technical advisory Edited by: jmr166

·
Registered
284 Posts
That's good news. I had mine done yesterday - my rear number plate is now flat (it was bowed slightly) but the passenger side windscreen washer is still no better (too much water is sprayed outside of the wiper area in my opinion). I gave in as my Mother (who was with me as I had agreed to take her shopping afterwards) declared that I was being a drama queen. Charming....

I didn't realise that they would do a full scale check--up at the same time but they spent a good half an hour+ with the bonnet up, in and out of the car testing things. They said that everything was fine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I felt a bit like a drama queen too as the 2008s parked there also had bad shut lines on the boot but fair play too them ˜Š

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
In which dimension is the tailgate out of alignment? Is it out of alignment horizontally or does it stand proud?

The rubber seal does bed in after time which means that the tailgate closure improves over a period.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was sunk too far in so nothing to do with the seals

·
Registered
506 Posts
Jimmy,

I'm glad to see your getting to grips with the car. They are mass produced so there is bound to be some teething troubles and little niggly things that don't just sit or fit right, but we have to learn to look past these things and just let the garage sort them out. Then just enjoy it for what it was intended for.

I remember when I got the TT in September last year it had approx 4k miles on the clock as a demo car. For the first 4 weeks it was in and out of the dealers for all sorts of silly electrical mechanical issues. Suppose to be a quality vehicle , now its got 43k miles on the clock and I love it but because of its mileage, its worth less than a Peugeot 2008 with a naff gearbox so will end up going shortly I would think.

By the way I think you'd make a great drama queen.

Edited by: uncletone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts