Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
There is a lot of difference from All season to Winter tires... The A/S is made to survive also summer, so in winter is getting a little too hard the rubber, as is mixed with more silica that hardens at low temp...I was a fan of All Season Michelin, but I tried in a winter a Continental Winter tire...and the difference is pure madness...never got stuck in icy mud + snow. Also is more sensitive to ice, as All Season was not so good on ice...and our roads make lot of ice, as in RO is used only some salt and sand to take off the snow...and this is causing a lot of ice patterns on the road...

PS. Put Winter tires, select MUD/SNOW, and you will get a grip that is farsuperior to All Season tires.

Edited by: george2104

·
Registered
273 Posts
Please note that according to the supplied driver's handbook winter tyres may stop the park assist working. Obviously though its better to have good grip than parking assistance.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Pilot said:
Please note that according to the supplied driver's handbook winter tyres may stop the park assist working. Obviously though its better to have good grip than parking assistance.

Which is bizarre isn't it? It's hard to see how the park assist can be affected by the type of tyre, although I will never doubt the manufacturer.

Quite honestly the park assist is so cumbersome and slow I think I have used it once in two years.

Edited by: burty

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Ochre said:
Anyone had it long enough to know what a winter is like in them? Will I manage ok without buying winter tyres do you think?

I've had mine since October 2013 and we've not had any snow in the two winters since. I am now faced with entering this winter with a set of quite well worn Goodyear Vector 4 seasons tyres (30000 miles and still on the OE tyres) so if it does snow I won't be testing the car at it's best.

I did get a major slide on, on some ice last year though.

However, I've tested my car in the mud though and even with the worn tyres Mud Mode worked very well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It always worries me when I see the news reports of bad winters coming, I really think I should look at some. Over the years if you keep your car long enough it will work out OK because you won't be wearing your summer tyres down as quickly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just bought a second hand 13 plate 2008. Came with Goodyear Vector 4 Season tyres on the front and Toyo summer tyres on the back. Changing the rears to Goodyear Vector 4's so I have a complete set and should get consistent handling even in the winter (I have the Grip Control). Previously I ran a Proton Persona with Avon ZV7's in the Summer (excellent tyre) and Goodyear Ultragrip 8's in the winter. Unfortunately, we had another mild winter so I never got the benefit. I am impressed with what I have seen of the Grip Control system. I will consider Michelin Cross Climate when I change the full set if they are quieter as the Goodyear Vector 4 Season's are definitely noisy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts