Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snow Mode question...... I have had the car 18 months and in that time no reasonable amount of snow! I have, out of curiosity when it has been a bit icy, flicked the dial to 'snow mode'. I was kind of expecting the car to change somehow, to feel a different traction control setting. But thecar does nothing and feels the same, excepy displays on the screen and dash that 'snow mode' has been selected.

Is this the same for you all too? Or does the car feel like something has been switched when you change the setting? I am just worried mine might not be working given the history of the car over the past 14 months - it has not been a good experience that is for sure. I have what my Dad would used to call a 'Friday afternoon' car. It has been in at least a dozen times for fixes anmd is now in the hands of more senior people to get the long running issues sorted once and for all.

But that aside, just curious whether you do 'feel' something when the car traction control mode is changed from the normal setting to one of the others or if you would not experience it until you had that actual driving condition to adapt to?

Trevor

·
Registered
540 Posts
All 'snow mode' does, in reality, is manipulate the traction control system to allow a degree of wheel-slip when pulling away - to be honest you can do the same in any car by turning the traction control off at low speeds in snow. People don't seem to realise that you need the wheels to spin to get grip on such conditions, the last thing you want is the traction control kicking in just as you start to move and a wheel slips.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I've had my car for 15 months and in that time we've not so much as had a single flake of snow. I am itching to try it out. It could be a godsend or a disaster as I have to negotiate a steep hill to get out of my road either way.

I've been 'off road' a few times (as long as you don't count parking on the grass verge outside my house) and never bothered to change to any other mode. I normally forget.

I am quite enjoying the lively steering when hoofing it and changing lanes at the same time on the Motorway.

Edited by: burty

·
Registered
165 Posts
I agree with Burty the lively steering is fantastic.... Takes me back to my Midget with a very small steering wheel..... You have to be careful until you get used to it. As they say in the North East "Gan canny!"

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies everyone. Thought I might be able to try it today - it was almost a white out this afternoon. I longily sat in the office wanting to go to the car park and take it for spin. By the time I came to go home it had virtually gone! Arghhhh!

Presumably some of our Northern friends were able to give it a try today?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Come to Romania...can try it on 20cm of snow :))))Can not help you with sharing the feeling, as I have ECG...on snow was no problem, have tried several starts (hill start, ice, mixed ice and mud). What I can say is that was no problems, the wheels was tempered in acceleration after first slip, and ESP warning appeared, taking control.
What I have remarked...my old Seat appears to behave more stable, as in PUG have some "sensations"...Have also tried it in a parking place with a lot of snow, and ESP kept the car very stable when I made circles :)...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts