Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally a snow mode test.

Finally could test the grip control in snow mode. After putting the module on snow (on 15 cm of snow on a slope first the front wheelsjust slip for about 10 sec than suddenly it all starts to work........and it works perfectly!! Could climb the slope without any problem, very impressive.

The picture is on the way down....by that time the snow had melted a lot and I hasitated between mud or snow mode....finally went down in mud mode and that was fine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
tulipan said:
Finally a snow mode test.

Finally could test the grip control in snow mode. After putting the module on snow (on 15 cm of snow on a slope first the front wheels <span style="font-size: 12px;">just slip for about 10 sec than suddenly it all starts to work........and it works perfectly!! Could climb the slope without any problem, very impressive.</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px;">
</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px;">

</span>

The picture is on the way down....by that time the snow had melted a lot and I hasitated between mud or snow mode....finally went down in mud mode and that was fine.
In Australia we need to be able to fit diamond pattern (only) snow chains to access the 'managed' ski fields or simply to transit the dividing range.
Have you any knowledge of snow chains and the 2008?.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nagaman,I have not much knowledge of snow chains but there are Peugeot chains (about 90 Euro). when I wanted to buy them the dealer said that with the SM 17´ Goodyear together with the grip control there was really no need (In Spain). For the moment I left it to that......hope other members with snow chains experience can help you further, good luck!
Best

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks tulipan
The only reason I need them is a requirement that they be carried (and may be directed to fit them) when entering the snow country in Victoria during the winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts