Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Want to go to dealer for a software update, but they told me that they do not cover the NAV maps !??

I paid for that maps...now what to do? if i save the maps, can i load them back? or will need to go online again? (dont have the same mail/user for NAV maps, i have even forgot that ones...)

What to do?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
The garage did my software/firmware update and gave me a USB memory stick with all the newer mapping information on it.

I had to go on-line to register my details and I then received an activation code that I entered into the car system.

I can't see any reason why you can't reload your maps if you have the USB memory stick. The selections on the stick allow you to delete any of the Countries you don't want and reload them at a later date if you find you do want any of them.

The original maps were still on my system after the garage update but I was told I would have to reload them to include any updates after registering and receiving the activation code which is now unique to my vehicle.

I received it all free of charge as I had been promised the upgrade since September. I only got the maps free though after I complained that the map info was months out of date when they built my car.

There is another mapping update due just about now.

Good news is that the radio doesn't turn on automatically every time I start the engine and I can now enter a full post code into the destination. Evidently, the post code upgrade had to be specially written for the UK as other Countries do not have such a selective code system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts