Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something very surreal happened today......

.... I saw my car!!!!!!!!!!!! Nearly 6 months to the date of order. There is was very 'naked' including sprigs of French foliage and some French mud. It had been off the transporter about 2 hours. In fact it was still in 'delivery' mode i.e. the key would not work the boot etc

But there it was....... I had to blink a few times and pinch myself. Having been a bit poorly this week with some weird stomach bug, I thought maybe I was still halucinating. But I touched it and it was cold metal.

OMG!

Andy, the guy dealing with my handover, had rung me with the news earlier in the day. In fact he said he signed for the delivery and was straight on the phone. Bizarrely I have 2 days off, so went straight over to sort out regsitration, insurance etc So I was seeing the car with all the protection wrapper still on it etc

But to me it looked beautiful!!!!

He said he would get it through the workshop asap and I could pick it up tomorrow afternoon. So he wrote the pick up date down on the paperwork........ Friday 13th December........ he looked at me and I looked at him and virtually together we said " shall we make it Saturday morning!". I think after all the problems with order it was probably tempting fate to pick it up on Friday 13th!

So not long to wait now........

But this all still seems really weird. After sooooooooo long I might actually get to drive my new car!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello,

That's brilliant news, although it being Friday 13th would have made no difference, superticious nonsense. Your order is one I have followed with disbelief at how it was handled, and funny enough I was wondering where you where with yours earlier today (visiting forum through the day).

Main thing is it's here, not long to wait so well done for hanging in there.

-Sam

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sam.

I knew it was getting close as I spoke to the dealer on Monday and they said the car was at Sheerness and they were just waiting for a transporter to be allocated to fetch it this way. But still hadn't expected it to be so quick. Quite a nice surprise to get the call today.

As for being supersticious, yeah I am sadly....... no walking under ladders for me and always bless the magpies
! So the thought of picking up such a troubled car order on Friday 13th was just not worth the risk! I agree it probably is nonsense...... but for the sake of one day I was not going to tempt fate. Plus we did agree also that it would give them a whole day to get it prepared rather than getting it through the workshop asap, so there was kind of another reason for leaving it just for one more day. I've waited that long, 1 extra day won't make a difference.

Been reading the manual this evening and loading my album catalogue onto my little sandisk USB

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

Isn't it great when you move from 'disappointed posts' to 'anticipation posts'.

Next it will be 'satisfaction posts'.

Al.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Great news Trev, bet you can't quite believe it! It will all be worth it once you get it home and the frustration will all be a distant memory! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's great news! Nearly there now.

I too have had order problems - my order was messed up 20/8 and a Feline Calima ordered in error and duly built 9/10. I had to go to the back of the queue when re-ordering a Feline Mistral 21/10 but have now been advised that my build date is today, Friday 13th.

Don't think I want change that as I would like the car sometime in the next month or so.

Adyham

·
Registered
143 Posts
Trevor so pleased that your there at last, once you've picked up and driven her then all the waiting will have been worth it I'm sure of that.

good luck for tomorrow enjoy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At last...... it is mine! And the first 2 days I have had it it has rained! LOL!

Never mind, it means I have been able to sit in it instead :) My neighbours must think I'm weird!

I've done all the usual things - driven in the day and driven at night. You all did it, right?! No? Just me..... oh..... maybe the neighbours are right then!

First impressions........... ummmmm........ very nice! Yes, worth the wait.

My only big surprise really (and I know this is being addressed) is the SatNav. What possessed Peugeot to put such a backward system in a brand new car? There is no logic. My 5 year old Tom Tom is easier to use! When people on here were saying it didn't have full postcode lookup I assumed you meant it had kind of a partial postcode lookup followed by a selection from possible street names. I hadn't realised it didn't have any postcode lookup! What a really odd system to have in a modern car. Having said that, the dealer was aware. During the handover and demonstration the sales guy told me it was getting an update - he said as far as he knew it was Feb/March time. Just seems really odd that my Tom Tom all those years ago had postcode search yet this doesn't. Anyway, that is my only gripe. On the speed camera side of things, installing the update was a doddle. The link to the instructions didn't work. So I just thought 'sod it' and copied the files to a USB drive and plugged it in. It was just like plug and play - the system detected the files, installed them and that was it - done.

Everthing else has just been finding things and getting used to new stuff. For example, I didn't like the mood lighting - it was too bright. As a glasses wearer, I was getting the reflection in my vision. So I went to the menu and turned it off which I was disappointed with. What I really need to do is look more closely as on getting home I turned it back on and realised that not only was there an on/off option but also a brightness level. Turned it right down and it now looks gorgeous ;)

My first attempt at writing my music failed miserably. I own a Cocktail Audi MP3 streamer that has all my CDs ripped on it. It has an 'export' that I used to export my favourite music in anticipation of getting the car - but it does it in the wrong format. So I started again. This time I used my original CDs and dBpoweramp. The results? Perfect! Album art etc all included. The audio quality of the audio system is very good I have to say.

Finding everything very high tech - for example, I love the centre console display. Compared to my 207, this is space age!

Lot's of other very good points, most of which have been covered here but a particular mention for the little steering wheel and electronic power steering - effortless driving.

One other thing some people might find useful information. Through the ordering process I began to doubt of I had made the right decision going for the 92BHP. Most people seemed to be going for the 115BHP. When I ordered, the Peugeot guy (not from the dealership) said the 92 would be just fine. But I began to wonder if it would lack power. Nope! It doesn't! Took it out for a bit of a longer run today and tried some acceleration and it pulls like a dream. So I have no idea how good the 115 must feel because the 92 is just fine!

So first impressions I would give it an 8/10 only because of the SatNav. When that is sorted, 9.5/10 (well nothing is perfect!).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts