Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

Looking forward to getting my new Allure, which should hopefully be in the next three months!

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all the comments in the forum over the past few weeks but I would like to ask some questions - will the 2008 support Apple CarPlay and or Mirror Link? Also are there any videos out there that look at the infotainment system, including the satnav? Finally are there any details in English commenting on the Apps for the 2008? Sorry about the questions but I have looked for the information but not had any luck so far.

Thanks

Eulum

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi, congratulations on your great choice of car - which engine have you gone for?

I've had mine for a week now and I love it; no regrets at all about my purchase.

Hopefully somebody on here will have far more technical knowledge than me but I was under the impression that Apple CarPlay was some way off for cars such as the 2008?

·
Registered
283 Posts
P.s. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi and welcome! I got my Allure BlueHdi 100 this Tuesday, so after 160km I have a rough idea about the car (I intend to write a review sometime in the near future).

As for your first question about CarPlay, the answer is no. Peugeot is a partner of Apple in this project but they recently announced that they will implement it on the new 208 later this year. Since they share the same infotainment system, my guess is that we will see CarPlay on the 2008 later this year or early 2016. I am also guessing that the current system will not be updated. A friend of mine (a Mercedes owner) told me that he had a(n unauthorised) technician mess wtih his system and now he can project his phone image on the infotainment system. But I wouldn't do that on my car...

And finally, from my so far experience with my 2008, I would like to congratulate you for your fine choice...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I've ordered the Amber Red 1.6 BlueHDi 120 S&S. I really wanted 6 gears as I recently drove a 5 speed sardine can on pram wheels and it was so frustrating on many levels!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
From what I 've read here, your choice of manual transmission is the right one. Many complain about the ETG system performance and it's ability to work smoothly with S&S. I don't know about the first, but with my 5-gear manual, the S&S works flawlessly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts