Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT line manual orange
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant seem to get the pre-set speed limiter speeds to operate on the stalk controls. when i click the back buttons as the manual says but it just goes up or down in increments of 5mph. I have only set two pre-sets but cant get these to work? any ideas folks?

James

·
Registered
540 Posts
They don't work like that. The pre-sets mean you can simply hold the '+' button and it will stop at that speed until you let go of the '+' button then press it again, ditto the '-' button.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Frank,

I hear what you're saying but not on madams car it doesn't, I've got a full house of pre-sets on "madams" car and from the moment you switch it on and you press the end button it says no speed set. You go to the + or - buttons and it immediately sets the speed limiter to the speed you are doing as James says. If you're doing 70mph that is the speed that comes up. It then goes up or down in 5mph increments without stopping at any of the set speed limits.

Its of no use trying to programme the limiter to 50mph and then try to set it to that from 70mph you have to hold the minus button down until it reaches 50mph . During my hours on end in the car recently I've played around with this all to no avail

Now I've driven Mercs, Audis and Jags all with the same idea of Cruise or Speed Limiter and nothing like this.

I was going to report it the technical boys at Peugeot. It could be Frank that us Luddites are missing something here.

I've given up on it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I agree with Tone, I've tried it (including new speed settings of my choice) and I seemed to spend more time faffing with it (trying to adjust the speed) than looking at the road. Not very sensible.

Most of my journey to work is on a 50mph road so now I set it to 52 (so my maximum speed is 51) and then simply activate it and de-activate it as required.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i also concur it just doesn't work either way

James

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've looked at the manual and I'm wondering if people are not reading it correctly (granted it's a bit ambiguous to say the least).

The memory function for speed limiter is only for resuming the limit you've just been driving at - so for example, set it to 50 then press the end stalk and it will turn off - press the end stalk again and it will go back to 50: unlike our DS4, there doesn't appear to be pre-set speed limits you can click.

I think the use of the term memory in the manual is confusing.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
not sure if I've understood the problem/fault fully, but according to the manual there are 5 speeds pre-set that you can change.
The changes you make will apply to both the speed limiter and the cruise control.

I never used either in my 2008 but I can remember testing the adjustment feature when I was working my way through the manual and it changed without any problem.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I hear what you're saying Frank and that would bear some logic, but why having pre-sets when you get to the speed you want whether cruising for instance you switch the thing on press the "+" or "-" button and it sets the desired speed.When you switch on the limiter same principle easy as that.

When you switch it off or switch the ignition off it loses that setting.

To get to the pre-set speeds you have to go into the computer 10 mins later you've been done for speeding or run in the back of someone.

It doesn't make any sense.

I know what you're saying but I'm out again today in madams car I'll give it another go

·
Registered
540 Posts
I didn't see the page that Alan has linked in the manual but explains things well and does suggest it can indeed be done.

I think the idea is to set them whilst idling then use them - I have to say, it's a feature I've personally never used, relying on cruise instead.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi yes i have read that page many times but unfortunately the pre sets do not stop when scrolling to it. they just go up and down in 5s the whole way?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hang on Allan

Where did you get that page from there's nothing like that in madams handbook. See below and its the same for the cruise control.

We don't have flash stuff like that. I take it you've got that in the 308 model, lucky ......

·
Registered
506 Posts
Here is other page you are referring to.

But believe me when you've programmed the speeds you want it won't go to them.

I've set them with the ignition off, with the engine idling, whilst doing 300kph in the inside lane of the M5.

All to no avail I've even swore at it still it won't play ball.

I give up, perhaps I'll go out in the dark in the nude and see if I can frighten it into submission I'll report back later.

·
Registered
284 Posts
This might be a really dim question but page 99 refers to programming and states that a long press of button 2 or 3 changes the speed by + or - 5mph. Yet isn't it exactly the same instruction (a long press on button 2 or 3) to select the pre-set mode (which doesn't seem to happen)? Is there a way to get the car from the programming mode referred to on page 99 into the memorisation mode on page 103?

Does that make sense? The instruction book seems to be telling you that carrying out the same instruction (a long press of button 2 or 3) will somehow result in 2 different actions?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Tone, I got it from the 'on-line' manual that I downloaded as a .pdf document.
That was in August 2013 I think.

Maybe there are variations between models or updates now being introduced.

Al.

PS: Just found the link I used back then:

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ddb/

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seems this is a common problem!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Jimmy

I think that about sums it up.

I think the 308 boys may have an advantage and the software never got to us, but it probably is in the newer models.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi everyone!
The system works fine, you just have to do the following:
1. Have the desired speeds ticked (V)
2. Press the "Activate" button next to the confirm button. Once you do that there will be a white bar over the button and the dark grey circles around the selected speeds will turn red.
3. Press the "Confirm" button.
All set. Now just press the + or - buttons as described in the manual.
Hope that helped...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Mike,

Firstly thanks for that. I've not had chance to try this yet as "madam" has gone out in said vehicle, so bare with me here.

The first photo probably is the default screen that we all get when we come to presetting the speeds. Here I've preset the speeds for madam.

This photoslightly contradicts your message;

1. All the boxes are ticked
  2. At this point the only button next to "confirm" is the "deactivate" button which now has everything in grey. You think that they should be in red as per the following photo.
  3. When you press the "
    deactivate" button the circles go red and you get the white bar. In madams car this is opposite to what you must have on your screen
  4. Then we press "confirm"
The second photo fits in with what you are saying about circles going red white bars etc.

Now my french isn't the best but "deactivate" in northern speak means that if you don't want it to work so you don't press it. So we end up with the grey circles and on the road it doesn't work. But when you do press the "deactivate" button, again excuse my french, the circles go red and the button turns to <i style="font-weight: bold;">"activate". [/i]To my understanding that means if I want these speed settings to work then I press said button then "confirm" and they will work.
Now I admit I haven't tried this yet but could this be a case of the French Electrician coming back from his short lunch break, (2 hrs, numerous bottles of red wine) and trying to confuse the "roast beefs".

We can wait and see, once again thanks for the update.

I hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Tone!
Yes you are right. First is the top image, then press the second button and you have the second image. Press confirm you are good to go. I tried it this morning, although the I never use this function. I was just curious because of this post.
I was writing this by memory so I forgot to mention this bug. It would make sense only if they had them the other way around or they said "activated" and "deactivated".
I am not a fan of stereotypes, but I guess this is where they come from :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Goodness me it works. Well done Mike and the rest of you.

Madam called in later today so I nipped out in the car to test this out, suitably attired of course.

Guys, for those frustrated by it like me, set the screen up with your speeds as in my photo, then press the "deactivate" button the circles will go red then press "confirm".

When you come to want to set the speed limiter or cruise, you will get the following on your screen between the clocks when you turn the knurled control to one or the other. This only shows the speed limit as I couldn't take a photo of the cruise in operation as I was driving, and I didn't want to be naughty as its not like me to be naughty.

By pressing the + or - buttons you get the read out with arrows pointing to the next speed. When it gets to the set speed it stops and registers the word memo to show its one of your set speeds as below its then just a question of pressing the end button on the column controls as you would to resume from pause and you end up with the following result. Whether you would want to do that I don't know as its just as quick to switch it on and press one of the buttons on the stalk and it sets the speed as per usual, but its good to know it works. Typical French can't speak/spell English like "wot I can"

1 - 20 of 32 Posts