Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car pulled up an engine fault code the other week so took it in to the garage to be looked at. long story short the power accumulator for the start stop system has decided it no longer want's to do it's job any more.

I've just been told by the garage it's not going to be a quick fix and they wan't to book my car if for a week to try and deal with it...........not happy!!!!!!

any one else had this happen???

cars only done 11000 miles, I expected to wear out the Tyre's before the sodding engine components!!!! totally ridiculous!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine doesn't work at all, from new! I was told to allow the car to settle in and see how it goes, well it's now got 1100 miles on it and it's still dormant, Not happy!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If I recall correctly there was one report of a fault with the starter/generator on this forum some time back. It might be worth searching. I think the repair was covered by warranty and was pretty costly as these units are expensive.

It sounds like both of your units may be faulty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have my car at the dealers now for them to check out the two issues, Gearbox not engaging a gear and stop start not kicking in.
I believe I may have worked out the problem withlater but will wait until I get my car back just in case I'm barking up the wrong tree...

·
Registered
15 Posts
No fault apparently...
But here's the strange thing..

If you have the temp set to 'LO'and the Aircon 'OFF' (no light displayed at the switch)the stop/start wont work...?

But, if you lift the temp to 14 (next notch up)with the Aircon 'ON' the stop/start works....? (works with the aircon off too btw)

Now where's the logic in that?

Today, the outside temp display was reading 22 so the Aircon was having to work to bring the inside temp towards the '14' requested but nonetheless, the stop/start worked at every traffic light I stopped at. Odd!!

I was told that in the 'LO' setting, the car is waiting to service that request but if that's the case, why would it not do this every time the outside temp was above the requested displayed temp?

Anyway, problem solved, sort of, but the logic behind the above scenario doesn't stack up...Hey-Ho!

HTHs...

Edited by: Coolcarbon

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Blimey you have your Aircon on a very low temp. Do you drive in your winter woolies?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Especially up there in the frozen north. Glad it wasn't a major issue but I agree doesn't seem logical but there may be a reason as to why they do this. The load on the system may not be able to cope. Costs may come into it.

To the Original thread, sorry to hear that you are having issues. Have you had a definitive answer to your problem yet?

·
Registered
398 Posts
14 ? OMG ! Do you have the ski jacket in your car? :))))I set it at 20, when outside was 38...the compressor was working in full, even at ECO mode... If you set it at LO or 14, you kill your compressor in 2 years...

If is hot in there, open all windows, close the AC...stay for 1 minute to settle down the temp...than start the AC...
Remember!!! You have electric compressor, not mechanical one...this type will dye in few years if you don't protect it...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Anyway, I will do the test today at LO, with Fan OFF...but I remember it was set once, and the SS worked...And my soft is 3.18...not even the last soft...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts