Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<rant>
You know, I think I'm quite a patient bloke. And I think I've been pretty reasonable considering what has happened since I ordered the car back in June.

But there comes a point when you have to wonder if it's all actually worth the bother?

I spoke to my dealer last about 3 weeks ago. I was *promised* an update on the build date for this convulted car order in the middle of September with a view to it still being a late Oct/early Nov delivery.

Having been a way on holiday for a week (I should have actually had the new car to go on holiday with), I returned expecting an answer message. Nothing.

So rang the dealership today to speak to the Sales Manager who's now dealing with this order. He was 'with a customer' and would call me back. I had to go out for the rest of the day. No returned call on mobile or home answerphone. I really hate being treated like this. It is not the first time this has happened by any means. What is wrong with good old fashioned customer service?

What concerns me now, with still no build date, is am I drifting into this 'no RHD builds in December' scenario. Because it wasn't re-ordered until August, and others on here ordering around then seem to be drifting towards a January delivery.

If that is the case with me, considering I actually placed the order for the car in June, that is just ridiculous. That would mean a 7 month wait. Not acceptable I'm afraid.

I've decided to give the dealer one last chance to get this sorted, I will try and ring again tomorrow. In fact, being off work this week too, I might go and sort this out face to face. I had hoped that being the dealers cock-up that they and Peugeot would work together to get my car order expedited asap but that does not seem to be the case. I think, if I do not get answers tomorrow about when I will be getting my car then I will reluctantly cancel the order and see what else is available. I want a new car before the winter arrives. Something that can cope with the winter weather a little better. If I am not going to get delivery of the car til the middle of Winter there seems little point waiting.

I have to say I am incredibly disappointed with the dealer and with Peugeot. If I cancel, I will be writing to the head honcho of the dealership and to someone high up in Peugeot explaing why they have lost an £18,000 order.

</rant>

Edited by: TrevorB

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hello Trevor, so sorry to hear that your having problems, given the time from when your order was placed it does seemthat something has gone wrong. Like a lot of us on here I was quoteda what appears normal three months wait which is bad enough and can thereforeunderstand your frustration.Time as you have said for a face to face with the sales manager and if he is worth his salt then he will sort this out for you, I really hope so because it would be such a shame to cancel.
Best of luck, let us know how you get on.
Bert.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I take they didn't order the vehicle with Peugeot first time round ( unbelievable )
I know that they cant jump the que with new orders ( or forgotten orders, as all dealers would use this excuse (as a dealerit must be frustrating losing sales because of waiting times ))

when did the order go in ?

still cant believe that they didn't order car first time round , with times as there are and with so much competition in this sector every sale is crucial to Peugeot and the dealer , its what they do.

as far as build we've been told there are regular builds of right hand drives in line with all euroorders and our late oct early nov delivery is on target (but it could be dealer ,cust service bull---- ) but I hope not

friends of ours got a good extra £compensation on there mokka cock up , hope you do ,it may make the wait a little easier ( I can imagine the shine may have been taken ofyour excitement but I hope not .

good look

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I would have a list of expectations as recompense for the cock up myself.

I was promised an update for my delivery last week, it didn't happen.I chased on Friday and was promised a return phone call too, that didn't happen either.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Bert

I already know what the problem was, as detailed in my other posts, the salesman dealing with my order forgot to place the order and then lied to myself and his boss as to why the car has not arrived when it should have been here. The car has to be ordered then and put in the same queue as everyone else, then effected by the August closure.

So I accepted that and, admittedly, some compensation. But I was also promised regular updates and an attempt to get the car asap or something of a similar spec.

What is frustrating me now is still the lack of updates. Doesn't seem to have been any particular extra effort and certainly no updates, I seem to be the one making the calls. And there's nothing worse than a "they will call you back" and then nothing.

So it's just a build up of frustration from the start to present with the way this has been handled. More annoying for myself is that I should have known this would not get better and jumped shipped to another local dealer when I had the chance - they are quoting the same delivery and are keen to takeover the order. But I stayed where I was because of the compensation. But with hindsight........

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Graeme,

Yep, original order was not put through. Then got excuse after excuse from the salesman about why the car wasn't going to be delivered on time. I was the first to order from dealer chain, should have been one of the first to drive one in the UK. Finally admitted the mistake to me in early August when the car order finally went through, or so I was told.

The fact I have to do all the chasing still, despite what has gone on before, is the most frustrating part.

Let's see what tomorrow brings I guess, any more bad news or excuses or poor customer service then I will reconsider if I really can be bothered with a 2008.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I feel exactly the same lack of info and chasing dealer for answers. Every time I ring they are with customers and never call back so it makes me wonder if after sales will be worse. I don't ring now I go in person. Hope they get it sorted for you soon.

·
Registered
256 Posts
What concerns me is I read more about others still waiting for their cars that ordered before me which makes me worry about the timeframe for my own order.

Seeing more delays than actual deliveries.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes Sam, my concern too. And there seems no pattern in the delays to order dates. I know your frustration and worries only too well. Mine is made doubly worse by the fact I actually should be driving the thing now - yet in reality still don't even have a build date :(

I'm actually quite disappointed in Peugeot and in my dealer, for the first time in 20 years plus of buying Peugeots. I used to deal with a very local Peugeot dealer 4 miles from home - family owned business with just 2 sales guys. I never had any issues with them. Sadly, they sold out to Kia and then went under and the place is now a block of flats. But they were fantastic. One of the sales guys would even pick my cars up from my workplace when they needed work or repair and leave me his own car to use if I needed it. Now I have to deal with a countrywide dealership, 90% of the time I cant even get a courtesy car when I take mine in and I work 20 miles from the garage - makes things difficult. Times have changed and so has customer service.

I know others have said they can't bring dates forward because all dealers would do it. But I have 100% proof of when I ordered the car as I have my order details and receipt for the deposit. I can't see why that is not to show Peugeot to prove there was a cock up at the dealer and to get the car built PDQ. No ones seems to bother or care. And I'm pretty fed up with it to be honest.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Trevor try customer services (ask to speak to some higher up the chain (worth a try)when you say nobody seems to care I thought that till I moaned and askedto speak to someone who could give properanswers rather than general comments , this person found the information I required and was most helpful even returning my call
, so someone does care (even mysalesman calls but cant be more positive and he jokes the sooner we get our car the sooner he gets paid
) got to keep smiling,
he did say he would try and find out more information this week so I will give him a nudge .

so we are target but that date is getting close , hope this is where it doesn't all start going wrong

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have been very Happy with my dealer, Palmers of Hemel Hempstead,The salesman has kept me informed throughout the order, calling me or if i am out then writing an email every couple of weeks.

I hope things get sorted out Trevor.

My order was put through on 9th August and I have been given a build date of week 42.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hope you get some answers Trevor.

Just a query though.

What is the normal waiting times for a new car, from order to delivery? Is it 12 weeks?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well that was a waste of time....... Sales Manager is not in today. So can't get any updates or vent my frustration once again. Perhaps he was hiding round the back of the coffee machine...... ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
If it were me I'd now be on to Customer Relations at Peugeot head office. Someone at your dealer in the absence of the sales manager should have been able to give some answers considering their cock up. It'sjust not good enough, I think that you havebeen more than reasonable about the whole thing and it's good that you can still make a joke about him hiding.

Time now I would suggestfor some straight answers so that you know where you stand, after all it's you giving them businessand in these days of all the competition they should be a bit more appreciative.

·
Registered
144 Posts
rang dealer this morning salesman busy
but just had my return call(yes he rang me
) he said he made calls and also checked on others customers 2008s he's awaiting (and there quite a few)and he says it looks likeours isstill on target , I then asked if there were delays on vehicles ordered before mine ,not recently. but some are due soon, maybe this will give indication as to current state of backorders
he said we should have a clearer date by middle of October , but it sounds like there is no build date as yet , if these are given

justmaybe he also cant get the answers

grahame

·
Registered
155 Posts
Customer Relations at Peugeot are as much use as an umbrella in a hurricane.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Deckers said:
I have been very Happy with my dealer, Palmers of Hemel Hempstead, The salesman has kept me informed throughout the order, calling me or if i am out then writing an email every couple of weeks. 

I hope things get sorted out Trevor. 

My order was put through on 9th August and I have been given a build date of week 42.
I used Palmers of Watford, the salesman there was great, kept me informed all through the process as well. I think I was lucky on the delivery as I ordered 22nd June and could have had delivery 2nd week in August, but chose to wait till September .
Really hope it gets better for all you waiters, but it is worth waiting for!

Kate

·
Registered
19 Posts
Seems to be a common theme here. Ordered the end of July, still no confirmed build date but I'm being told to expect delivery late October

·
Registered
143 Posts
Don Bernard said:
Customer Relations at Peugeot are as much use as an umbrella in a hurricane.
Surely it depends on which way you point the umbrella or have you personal experience to substantiate this, if so I'm very interested.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the all the info and updates from everyone - does give an idea of timescales. I'm waiting to see if he rings today - I was promised by the receptionist she would leave a note on his desk to call. I don't think it's my place to keep calling. So I'm going to give it until lunchtime and, if I still have no call, then I will call him.

If I still get no joy on a date for my car, then I will try higher up in the dealership and also Customer Services at Peugeot.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts