Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I've had my 2008 urban cross nearly 2 weeks now and the other night me my partner and baby came back home from a meal I started reversing to park outside our house and we could smell a really horrible burning like plastic smell so when I parked got out the car and put the headlights on with my key and I could see steam coming from the front of the car so I quickly got our baby out incase worth case and it was on fire I opened the bonnet but there was no steam. I've been looking online and only thing which I think sounds similar could be the dpf doing it regen cause all fluid levels are fine I called the aa out but he couldn't find nothing anybody got any ideas? Thanks again

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey rpalmer.. Had this smell when we first picked ours up too but not steam!! Smelt the burning plastic for a couple of days and now nothing. Let us know if you find/sort the problem.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there right took my car into Peugeot and the mechanic had a look and said there's no visible which they can see which would cause the smell and steam he said onlyly thing it could be is when the car is first made it has wax on the exhaust system or something like that and that's what could of burnt off . What things have u got on your urban cross cause didn't get to choose extras on mine as it was pre maid in the showroom .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had a few probs with ours!! Ordered it back in June before production and we picked it up a couple of weeks ago. There were things that were on the spec but not the car!! This is now being resolved by Peugeot... Think the urban cross is fairly standard tbh. How are you finding it??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi
I had the same thing at about 1000km. It lasted a few minutes and then it was gone. My best guess is that it was the first filter regeneration and it smelled like burnt as it is stated in the user manual p214.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeh tiddles I'm loving the car I had a petrol active 2008 before and I'm so glad I turnt to diesel so much quicker better mpg and more smootherEdited by: Rpalmer1

·
Registered
284 Posts
More good snipping there Al!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you so much everyone for your replies this forum is full of really nice caring people thanks guys

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Ryan,

Glad you got it sorted out, and somebody on here was able to help you out.

Personally I've never experienced anything like that, but then perhaps I don't hang around for the smell to linger. And all our cars are ex demos, so any issues are likely to have been resolved by the time we get them. He says ..kiss of death there then!!

By the way, thanks for the nice comments, there are some great caring people on here, its one of the reasons I keep coming back. I don't have a lot to offer, but occasionally I come up with a gem or two, I think.

I quite like the Cross Over, is that the one with all the silly numbers and writing on the side. I almost wish they'd had one as a demo, because of the spec that they come with. Never mind. If we find one with a decent automatic gearbox in one, madam may be tempted, who knows.

Good to have you with us.

Edited by: uncletone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts