Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have discussed this on here before I know. But I am beginning to find theticky rear brakes rather alarming now. My dealer said it was basically where the brakes got wet and then semi corroded and stuck. And nothing can be done and not a fix for it.

But....... it has been dry for a while here and still does it every morning. In fact, this morning the left and right rear released seperately and made such 2 large bangs that it nearly scared to death an old lady walking past the front of the house. Her dog didn't fair much better!

So, I was wondering how many others on here suffer the same? My dealer seems to say this is normal. But it doesn't sound normal. In fact it is quite a worry. I was even thinking today that it might end up being a recall for Peugeot. IMO the problam is getting worse and something needs to be done to rectify the 'fault',

Edited by: TrevorB

·
Registered
60 Posts
I didn't have this problem at first but after about a month or so they did start to stick and as time goes by the bang seems to get louder.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it is definitely getting worse on mine. There is a definite loud clunk now. Wet days or dry days. And there is also a definite double clunk where one releases then the other.

The service department at Bristol Street told me they noticed it on a lot of new cars. But I am beginning to think this is actually an issue. This is why I would be interested to see how many here have the problem. Before, it seemed to be quite a few of us. If enough people have the problem I will get in touch with Peugeot Head Office as I feel this needs putting right.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Before I got my 2008 I had several new cars of various marques over the last 2 years, hired by work. None of them ever had this issue. My brakes stick every morning and also when it is left for a few hours. I can't believe this is normal?

·
Registered
217 Posts
it is common and expected to happen on cars that are left for a few weeks but most definitely not "right" for them to stick every morning!! that suggests something is corroding a lot quicker than it should be and that is not what you want on the braking system.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, agree with all this and this is my concern.

Board admins: Can this forum support a poll? I really would like to find out from everyone who has taken delivery of a car whether this is an issue for them. If it is a big issue, I think this needs taking to Peugeot for an explanation. I would be happy to collect and provide the evidence.

In the meantime, I might speak to the service department at Bristol Street again and get them to take another look.

My real concern is what damage thsi is causing to the braking system - quite an important part of the car!

·
Registered
72 Posts
My brakes do stick and have done since I got the 2008 last November, but the problem appears to be getting better.I have done just over 2200 miles now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi,I had mine for 7.5 months now and the only time the brakes stick is when its left for a few days after its been driver in wet conditions, I've had many Peugeots (and other makes) and this seems to be a trait of the Peugeot, I would say it acceptable on my car but if your getting 'banging' everytime you pull away after leaving the car, then I would take it back to the dealer and have them do a pad change and a disc change or at least surface the discs, I know this shouldn't happen on new cars but sadly it does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts