Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I don't like posting problems in the forums but after a bit of info before I take the car back to the dealers on Thursday to get the correct size and type tyres fitted!

My wife uses the car to commute to work about 25 miles, stops in the office for a few hours then goes out and about making calls, typically 5-10 miles a journey. Sometimes after stopping at traffic lights when she goes to pull off after the eco light has come on and stopped the engine, she gets an audible tonego off, then a warning message disengage clutch and the engine wont start. She disengages the clutch, thenputs the clutch back in and the car starts. This has happen aboutfive or six times during these short journeys.

Today a similar thing happened but went putting the clutch in nothing happen, so she released the clutch, put in back in and again nothing. In the end she had to turn off the ingnition and restart.

I've never had a problem when I've used the car but must admit I don't do as many stop starts as my wife does in a day.

Any ideas? I will raise with the dealer but as its difficult to replicate can see us being fobbed off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Russo
I've had the same message 3or 4 times.
In my case I wasn't pressing the clutch in fully and therefore the engine wouldn't restart until I did so.
I therefore adjusted my seat one notch closer to the steering wheel and it cured the problem ( my short legs).

Give it a try.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ken, thanks for the reply. Funny enough I just drove around the block and half engaged the clutch and tried putting it in gear and the alarm came up. Now to find a subtle way to tell the wife about her driving habits.......

·
Registered
21 Posts
No easy way to tackle this problem Russo. Be brave and go for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts