Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the timer be adjusted on stop period. Mine times out every 30 seconds and restarts the engine.

The majority of traffic lights around here are longer than 3 minuets wait so I want a longer stop time ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
The stop timer varies on the engine and battery state, if you have the air con or heating on the engine switches back on when it needs more power or to keep your optimum temperature, there are lots of factors in which the engine will switch back on, but most of the time it's the air con/ heating Edited by: danny149

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
jonnyg30 said:
<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">is it every 30 seconds on the dot every time </span>regardless<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;"> of car set up and driving done prior to entry into eco mode ??</span>
That sounds like a fault. It should restart if it thinks there is not enough battery power, so perhaps you have a problem with the battery, charging or the sensor mechanism.Mine only ever restarts if I have only just started my journey and have gone no distance to speak of.I think I've sat on the M25 with engine stopped for nearly 5 minutes before now.(And my aircon is always on)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mine varies. But I would like a feature that delays when Start / Stop kicks in. I decided to switch it off going to work as I normally have many stops under 20 seconds and I don't think this is healthy.

·
Registered
217 Posts
[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a fault. It should restart if it thinks there is not enough battery power, so perhaps you have a problem with the battery, charging or the sensor mechanism.Mine only ever restarts if I have only just started my journey and have gone no distance to speak of.I think I've sat on the M25 with engine stopped for nearly 5 minutes before now.(And my aircon is always on) [/QUOTE]

that was only a question to the op burty to try and find out a little more about there problem, mine runs fine

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have noticed various things that restart it when eco stop is on.

Aircon - mine will not stop with this on
14 on temp - will not stop unless higher
Undoing drivers seat belt.
Opening drivers door.

I Now undo the seat belt first then the eco will not stop the engine.Edited by: tontinuk

·
Registered
112 Posts
New car, new things to learn
The stop / start system I believe is not meant to be active untill the engine has reached operating temperature, on my car it will stop imediatly after a cold start. I am disabling manually for now untill I speak to the dealer about this, does anyone have and comments to add to this, I would also like some sort of time lag from stopping before the engine actually stops, in driffting traffic many stops/ starts can be made within 1 minute, which I find annoying.

·
Registered
153 Posts
dawry said:
I would also like some sort of time lag from stopping before the engine actually stops, in driffting traffic many stops/ starts can be made within 1 minute, which I find annoying.

I second that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mastered the art of driving a stop start engine - simple change of habit -slip into nuetral and it sits in stop mode until you move into gear.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Shoggy said:
Mastered the art of driving a stop start engine - simple change of habit -slip into nuetral and it sits in stop mode until you move into gear.

Mine is manual and when driving in a slow moving traffic the though of going constantly into start stop every few score seconds as one advances a couple of car lengths at a time bother me. Having to retain my foot on the clutch is not cool. Disabling the function is how I solved it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That is not the issue that I have, I can make the engine stop by either the foot brake or by using neutral. My issue is that the engine stops to soon, I can be coming to a halt, the engines dies when the traffic moves on, all within less than one second, repeating many times until the traffic does a full stop, during this period I can have many many stop/restarts happening, all for a total of only a few seconds accumulated stop time,. Yes I can disable the stop/start which defeats the purpose of the system, with a time lag built in of lats say 5 or 10 seconds, the engine would only stop when a full stop has been achieved. This would also give me time to decide whether to hit the over ride button if I can see that traffic is moving on. Oh the delights of morning/evening gridlocked rush hours!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts