Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my car will have the S/S facility I am being aware whilst driving my current car as to how long I am stopped for whatever reason with the engine running. I believe that I will normally use the S/S when I get my car, but can understand that not all physical stops will always warrant an engine stop.

Do others will this facility have it always enabled, do some choose to use it when applicable, or do some turn it of altogether.

Evader

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
It's switched 'on' by default so you have to switch it off by pressing a small button.

I generally have it turned off when approaching a roundabout or when trying to join a mainstream of traffic from a side road.

I wish it had a 5 second delay before switching off the engine.

I do like it switching off the engine in Town though; at lights, crossings, stop/start traffic. Very good in those situations.

My wife though likes it 'on' all the time.

PS: It's extremely good with the EGC as it is easy to forget to take it out of 'auto' mode when stationary and that means the clutch will be held open all the time until you move.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi all.My system is, OK,but it does take some getting used to.
I dislike the lack of any delay, and the fact that it was virtually from cold, for this reason I disable after a cold start. I am now in the habit of moving to neutral with hand brake on when stopped in traffic, this works when S/S is disabled or not, I only re-enable the S/S when I feel the engine has reached a sensible running temp, lack of Lub Oil temp reading is the doubt here, I have always been surprised that the water reach's normal well before the LO temp reaches the equivalent temps.when I have had cars with both temp readouts. (ie 205 GTI's, those where the days). but times and with so many cameras I don't miss the playful beasts

I queried these with the dealer at the 'first' check over service, (which also included the wishbone recall).
At the completion the dealer handed me a multi page print out from the dealer info manual.
This gives all the enable / disable parameters of the stop/start system.
To many to list fully here
But the ones that where of interest:-
coolant temp above 10C (sounds low to me)
Gearbox oil temp above 0C
Main start battery temp and voltage
Aux battery temp and voltage
Demand from AC / heating system (ie if cabin temp is greater than 3 deg C different from control request temp).
and many more, it made for some interesting reading.
I need to scan them so I don't lose them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I found my s/s system fine , i was dubious after having a loaner 3008 automatic that stopped way to frequent, but this one is fine, i have the ability to switch it off if i want, when on it doesn't work unless i put it in neutral and disengage the clutch so once again my choice, so as i come up to a roundabout it never stops, but obviously when i aproach lights if the lights have recently changed i use neutral etc.

I Find this system good as i do not have constant s/s, the ability to disable is good as well, i take my elderley mum for dialysis and when i pick her up and drop her off im in and out of the car in seconds so i use the disable.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Lets face it. The SS system was put onto the car to get the emissions down to under 100 so that the vehicles are road tax free. I drove from Chesterfield to the New Forest yesterday, had a great run and the ss would have been operating for less than 10 seconds on a three and a half hour run. Those of you who commute would obviously benefit much more than this but I find the system un-nerving and at times with the egs positively dangerous. The car will cut out when still rolling and if you are ,for example ,parking in a tight spot putting your foot back onto the throttle gives you limited control of the forward speed of the vehicle, as the bite point of the clutch is not in your gift.My ss spends most of its time disabled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts