Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 automatic with 8.000 on the clock. The Stop Start has ceased to work, even after a 60 mile run on the M40 it doesn't kick in. Vehicle purchased October 2018. Any ideas?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a 2008 automatic with 8.000 on the clock. The Stop Start has ceased to work, even after a 60 mile run on the M40 it doesn't kick in. Vehicle purchased October 2018. Any ideas?
It won't work if the aircon is on but I'm not sure under what other conditions it won't work. My 2008 doesn't have Stop/Start thankfully.

Reactions: WhipMama

·
Registered
54 Posts
The stop/start will work with the aircon on .when we picked up our 2008 in may 2018 ,I , switch the climate control to auto and the aircon to on they have not been switched off since and the stop/start has worked ok ,I also did the same with our fiesta in april 2013 climate control to auto aircon to on and the stop start has worked ok, until last year but with the battery now 7 years old next month it needs a charge up to get the stop start working again ,but at £240 for a battery ill keep charging it for a bit longer ,and with it being free road tax will not be parting with it for a few years yet

·
Registered
211 Posts
We had a virtually new 208 loaner when I had to take mine in for the wheels to be sorted out (alloys). That had stop/start and we had the a/c on and it worked fine (well except I'm not really in favour of this feature, it's just something else to go wrong).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wouldn’t bother with stop start again, waste of time if you don’t do many miles as battery doesn’t charge enough. Just something else to go wrong. I’ve been told you should take it up the motorway and do 70 miles an hour for an hour to clean particulate filter and charge battery, once a month we are 60 miles from nearest motorway. None of this was explained when we bought it. In too much of a hurry to get the money to check weather this car was a suitable choice for our lifestyle.

Would say I love driving the car, but feeling a bit disalousioned with it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The stop/start will work with the aircon on .when we picked up our 2008 in may 2018 ,I , switch the climate control to auto and the aircon to on they have not been switched off since and the stop/start has worked ok ,I also did the same with our fiesta in april 2013 climate control to auto aircon to on and the stop start has worked ok, until last year but with the battery now 7 years old next month it needs a charge up to get the stop start working again ,but at £240 for a battery ill keep charging it for a bit longer ,and with it being free road tax will not be parting with it for a few years yet

I stand corrected about the aircon. I too have my climate control on AC/AUTO 22 degrees permanently since I bought the car in October 2018 & I've only on a few occasions turned the system off to open the windows to let fresh air in!

·
Registered
1 Posts
sorry to jump on this thread
New to Peugeot and just bought 2014 2008 feline diesel and I'm certainly glad I made the jump from ford,but I have the issue with stop start and reading up it all points to the battery I have given it a good run of about 150 miles and still no joy so this is a real basic question I want to give it a trickle charge but I can't see anyway to take the cover over the battery off to get to the terminals any help would be greatly appreciated thank you 😊

·
Registered
124 Posts
There is a possibility that if the previous owner did not use the system properly then the battery is no good after 6 years.may be worth a mechanic looking at it

·
Registered
287 Posts
When I got mine (66 plate facelift) in Nov last year the stop/start worked but only for about a week, then it didn't, this despite two long non-stop journeys of 370 mles

Yesterday I put it on a CTEK charger and reconditioned the battery, it took 21hrs and now the stop start works.

Probably in winter months with heaters/lights (and in my case heated seats) on, coupled with a battery that's 3.5yrs old don't help the feature.

As to difficulty in accessing the positive terminal it does take a screwdriver and a bit of BF&I to lever up the access panel at the front of the battery. Remember you don't need to access the negative but put the black clip of your charger on the tab in the front passenger side wing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts