Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a new to me low mileage petrol auto 110 GT Line 2008 on a 2018 plate. I'm pleased with the car but, having had previous 2008's with the same engine & box I'm hearing a strange noise in this one

It's a high pitched zizzing, a sort of high pitched buzz like an electric motor somewhere (I think) to the rear of the car. It only happens intermittantly for perhaps 5 seconds, it's almost like an electric motor moving something, but I'm not doing anything at the time. It's very odd

Maybe some sort of fuel pump? Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi, it does sound like it may a fuel pump.
I had a similar noise on a previous car which was most noticable when I switched the ignition on, (probably did it at other times) never caused any other probs.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes thanks, I wondered about that. It's odd that my previous 2008 with the same engine didn't do it

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I have narrowed it down to the air conditioning, as in it doesn't happen when it's turned off

But it's still weird as it happens randomly, not when I'm changing any settings.

Anyone else have high pitched buzz noise from their airconditioner that appears to come from the back of the car?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nope :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Adblu pump if it’s diesel.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's petrol but thanks.

It's something to do with the aircon system, very strange noise me previous petrol 2008 didn't make, but the aircon works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts