Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

Subwoofer install & Various other questions [Need Help]

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MarkyTM 
#1 ·
Hi, I have recently purchased a Peugeot 2008 2015 active model (right-hand drive) and I am looking to fit my active subwoofer into it but have a few questions.

1. is there any access holes on the firewall to feed the power from the battery into the car because I've spent ages looking and can't see any?
2. how do you pull up the plastic trims under the door to feed cables under? I have tried a plastic pry tool but feels like I'm going to snap the plastic
3. would it be better to use the front speaker or rear speakers for the sub input?

my subwoofer is in the boot if that makes any difference.

on a non-audio-related note, I also fitted my dashcam today to the USB port in the center console and it seems to stay on when the car is off I'm wondering if this is safe or will it kill my battery?

Thanks for any help!

#2 ·
You've probably already probably sorted this.

I had an underseat sub fitted and the installer advised that there was already a beefy enough live through the firewall behind the glovebox

The tricky bit was removing the head unit to connect the sub out.

Take a look in the Upgrades, Modifications and Accessories section.

I know that lighter socket to the lef of the USB (that I have my phone charger connected) cuts out when the ignition is switched off...if that helps?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.