Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a little "bobble" on my dashboard, and page 9 of the handbook tells me it's a "sunshine sensor".

I haven't come across anything else in the handbook which explains it's purpose.

Any one know what it does?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
At a guess it turns on the auto headlights and dims the screen or changes the display to night/day modes (and dash lighting?).

·
Registered
540 Posts
I think it is part of the climate control system, it measures the current strength of the sun and adapts the system accordingly

·
Registered
72 Posts
I found this info on a peugeot 407 website:

The bi-directional sunshine sensor helps to anticipate the effects of the sun's rays, thereby avoiding unnecessary changes by passengers to the adjustment settings.

http://www.tuninglinx.com/html/peugeot-407-coupe-07.html

All coupes come with automatic air conditioning with dual zone temperature distribution. This follows the example of better equipped existing Peugeot 407s. The air conditioning system uses modern technologies such as a temperature sensor and a hygrometer, which prevents the appearance of condensation for example. The "externally controlled" compressor can regulate the production of cold air to the exact amount required by passengers, thereby reducing fuel consumption. The bi-directional sunshine sensor helps to anticipate the effects of the sun's rays, thereby avoiding unnecessary changes by passengers to the adjustment settings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts