Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now then; I've got the 1.6 diesel EGC and I'm thinking of swapping for the 1.6 petrol auto.

My car will be 11 months old when I hand it in so there is a cost involved.

Most of our journeys are short so the petrol seems the better option (it wasn't available in petrol auto when we ordered last year).

I also like the full auto box in preference to the EGC, although ours is quiet and silky smooth.

The new car will arrive in September. Same spec (but no panoramic roof this time).

Question is, is this current 1.6 petrol engine any good as it's been around for a few years. MPG is quite good though.

The deal is ok as we are selling both cars and putting a bit extra cash into the deal.

I'd appreciate any comments/views.

Thanks. Al.

·
Registered
540 Posts
That DPF is getting to you, isn't it?!

Don't swap, instead save the cash for when the new e-THP auto arrives; it looks like a proper auto (6speed too) and will likely be around by next summer. Not sure I've seen anyone on here comment about 1.6VTi auto ownership.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Frank.

I knew about the new engines but not about the auto box.

That seems a perfect reason to wait....and the extra bonus will be the RFL saving.

Al.

PS.....yes, that DPF is a real turn off.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just curious, why is the DPF a turn off, don't you just give the car a blast every so often ?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It just shouldn't be necessary in a modern vehicle.

Makes me smile when you watch all the pollution belching into the air from Countries like China, India, Russia, USA and our little island is going to save the World whilst more and more aircraft are flying and landing at bigger and bigger airports.

I just want an easy life at my age with things I buy working the way I think they should........goodness knows how I'm going to cope with Windows 8.1 when I get it in a few days time!!!

I'll carry on with 2 vehicles for the time being....better to let the granddaughters clamber in and out of Mrs T's 206 than my pristine 2008 anyway!

Al.

PS:....I don't like the Stop/Start either very much!

Crikey; I'm a grumpy old man as well now!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.