Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I got a technical notice from my dealer to get the car for following the campaign ZVZ about the handbrake.

Does anyone have any idea what is this about?

Thanks in advance..

Edited by: Sera2008

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot allan40alt!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just got this same recall letter. My handbrake works fine and so I'm not going to bother taking it in - they can sort it out at the next sefvice!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Bearing in mind that recalls are only issued for dangerous faults, any minor troubles being rectified at scheduled service intervals, this is the third one for my 13 month old car. Previous being the steering links and the rear seatbelts. My concern about this vehicle grows. I have already posted about the faults that I have experienced with my ECG I really wish I had stuck with my 3008. I have always thought that the build quality and finish on my 2008 was very good but with so many serious faults in such a short time I fear I have made a grave mistake. As I have said previously ,I was employed in the motor manufacturing business for over 30 years and I know that recalls are very serious and cost manufacturers a lot of money and loss of reputation so are not embarked on lightly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So how can an ignorant newbie find out (a) what recalls have been issued in respect of his/her car and (b) whether the recalls have been actioned, please? My 2008 was pre-owned and there is nothing in the paper service records to suggest any recall-related checks have been carried out.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Your Peugeot dealer should be able to check the cars records on the computer.

Have you registered on 'My Peugeot' ?

I ask that because when I logged into 'My Peugeot' the other day it came up with a window telling me my car needed this handbrake check.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the information. I have registered on 'My Peugeot' and the car was purchased from a franchised dealer, so I would hope that everything is up-to-date. I was just hoping there would be a route through to getting definite confirmation that the necessary checks and updates had been completed.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
My dealer phoned me this morning as well to advise me it needed checking so I'm booked in for Tuesday at 11:00 .

He said it only takes 30mins to do.

I guess it's better to get it done asap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just to close my end of the loop on this, I have heard back from Peugeot UK. It has advised that there has been one recall only in respect of my 2008 and has confirmed that, according to its records,the check on the handbrake adjustment has been carried out.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think it should be done ASAP as its a safety feature.... If you didn't leave it in gear and it ran away down a hill, and you hadn't acted on the recall, your insurers would probably be delighted as they could possibly wriggle out of paying.
I think the 30 minutes as Allan40alt was advised is about right.. The minimum charge out time. I rang my local dealer, who now have the Peugeot automated system (no telephonist) and I think I was transferred to a call centre? Well it sounded like it. I was on for 10 minutes answering futile questions all because the new reg number, which was on the car from week2, didn't show on the system. It had been in the dealer for front sensors under the new number so I knew it was on the system. I was then told by the gent, who sounded thick, to be polite, that they would need it for 3.5 hours! I booked it in anyway and emailed the lady I deal with at the branch who said they'd check it while I had a coffee!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Checking the brakes and the operation of the handbrake is a feature of all Peugeot routine servicing according to their service schedule in the service handbook. I had my car serviced less than a month ago. It is also something I would expect to be checked on a pre-delivery service. Therefore if the handbrake is not working correctly I would not expect that I would be liable. In any case surely one always applies the handbrake fully especially when leaving the vehicle. Are Peugeot saying that when the lever is fully up the handbrake is not properly engaged? Does anybody know what they are actually checking and has anyone had a vehicle with the fault?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I would expect handbrake operation to have been checked at service as well. I wasn't going to bother with the recall but given the potential implications of not doing it until the next scheduled service (which for me would be in maybe 4 months time) I decided to get mine checked. I now have it booked in for next week.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Must be urgent otherwise they wouldn't have involved DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency). This is publicity that a manufacturer would prefer not to have.

So far I've received i) a phone call from the dealer; ii) had it flagged up in a window on 'My Peugeot' and now iii) received a letter from Peugeot hi-lighting URGENT SAFETY RECALL - ZVZ.

As they say in the accompanying leaflet: "Manufacturers will only issue a safety recall for those defects which have the potential to cause serious injury. These are defects that have the potential to put you, your passengers or other road users in danger if not acted upon".

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
242 Posts
Had the recall as well now my car was built jan 14 ,recall in the past some one commented there car rolled in to another.due a service at the end of the month will get it done them

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
This won't tell you if your car has been checked but you can tell which cars are subject to which recalls:

https://www.gov.uk/check-if-a-vehicle-has-been-recalled

It's interesting that our 2008 has been subject to 5 recalls already (not all affecting all vehicles though).

·
Registered
165 Posts
Looking at "positives"..... We took ours in to have it checked . The cable had, as I'd expect on a new car with 4000 on the clock, stretched slightly. So while we had an excellent cup of coffee, the handbrake was adjusted and equally important the car was valeted for us which was an added bonus as I didn't dare wash it at home as the drive was frozen!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Its funny, I was just out dr
iving this morning and was thinking about the two recalls, the faulty temperature sensor and the broken windscreen, and I was hoping that was it for a while.

Then I opened the post and saw another s
afety call.
I promptly called the dealer in Dundee and have it booked in for the check on the 17th February.

This is the third recall on this car, but I happy for the car to be checked, and as bonus they do valet the car while it is there. I usually get dropped off in the centre of Dundee and either go for a coffee or the new swimming pool.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I imagine that a reasonable number of recalls is to be expected on a brand new model.

We have a Peugeot 807 that we have had from nearly new and I believe that particular car has been recalled something like 8 times. But many were for trivial items IMHO.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts