Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Picked up a 2008 today and all good apart from the temp settings on the a/c. Its in farenheit and not celsius (excuse spelling).

Dealer didnt know how to change.....anyone know how to do it. Its not in the touch panel, that does have a units setting but its just for the outside temp.

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
In the user manual p68 it is clearly stated that the value is a comfort level and not a temperature in Celcius or Fahrenheit, so it can't be changed. My fav setting is 21.5-22.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Wayne's Brother

Hope this helps, its basically as Al says so I went out to check and I did the following to verify with "madams" car.

1. Press the "Menu" button on the unit.
  2. This should give you the following tabs on the screen, Radio Media, Settings, Internet, Telephone & Driving. Press the "Settings" tab on the screen.
  3. You should then have the following displayed on the screen, A blue Icon to Move To The Next Page, Audio Settings, Turn Off Screen & Colour. Press the "Blue" Icon
  4. You should then have 4 Tabs System Settings, Time / Date, Languages, & Screen Settings. Press the "System Settings" tab.
  5. You should now be faced with the option of choosing; Temperature Celsius or Farenheit and Distances & Fuel Consumption miles & mpg etcetc.
  6. Is the Celsius Circle highlighted if not press it and then hit "Confirm in the bottom left of the screen.
  7. If that doesn't work well I would close the door and set fire to the car.

All the best with that mate, it may well be you may have a software issue if it doesn't change it and a trip to the dealer should rectify the problem.

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
50 Posts
Both Al and Tone are right about changing the system temperature, but I don't think this is Rooneys question. I think you mean the two numbers indicated on the A/C display. They do NOT change because they are not temperatures. What you have to do is try settings between 20 and 24 and find the one that suits you. Then keep it that way and adjust if necessary. If you mean another setting, please post a photo so we can help you. Edited by: skipper mike

·
Registered
112 Posts
Actually what is being asked here is how to change the A/C display temp from F to C, not from C to F.It appears that Roonet1000 has got his set on F on the temp controls.
I have checked on mine, Allure spec, the system setting only change the media centre outside temp reading, as stated by others. I can see nothing for the AC temp readout.

·
Registered
284 Posts
What is being said is that the A/C display is simply a number and is neither C or F. What numbers can you set it to Rooney1000? Can you not get it to display a number in the low 20's?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I may have that wrong, Rooney has 2 posts, one F to C and one C to F ??

·
Registered
284 Posts
Not sure what you mean dawry?

Everyone commenting on here has the automatic dual a/c, could the manual a/c somehow work in a different way? We don't know which model of 2008 Rooney has do we?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Exactly this...sorry if i am confusing people but it is very obvious when in the car. The 2 temps for the a/c that are next to the cold / hot rocker switches that you use to make the car hot or cold....it displays in F where as where as i want it in c (like every other car in the uk).

There must be a way to change it!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Rooney, these numbers you are referring to, do not correspond to temperatures, they are just numbers (comfort level). This is why there is no display of C or F indication next to them. You must select a setting that feels good to you and keep it this way, or adjust accordingly. It cannot be changed because there is nothing to change. It is the same with my older 307cc. For most people this setting is between 21 and 23. If your A/C can have these settings then there is nothing wrong with it, if not you should take it to your dealer to fix it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Strange...mine is in Celsius degrees...As I have noted that the air flow is according to indications of touch panel (if outside is 25C, and I set it at 25, the air flow is minimal...increasing or decreasing the value, is triggering more air flow...also tested for outside temp 21 degrees...)...So is clear that indication at the paddles that change the temp is in Celsius...as the air flow and also the hot-cold air is changing in accordance with the Celsius indication of touch.

(not sure if I was not too confusing with explanations :)))) )
If you don't understand, drink 2 beers, 1 whisky, 2 bottle of wine...and you will :)))

·
Registered
50 Posts
George, it is true that the setting is close to the desired temperature, but the manual says that it's just a reference number (comfort level). Maybe they wanted to have familiar numbers but not be liable for any small deviation. The only thing I can understand as F readings is if the setting is somewhere in the range of 60 to 100. If this is the case Rooney should take it to the dealer for fixing.
P.s. I recommend the drinking part, even if your message is understood :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Skipper - in all honesty i couldn't care less if it is a comfort or temp setting, i just want the setting to be in C and not F like all other cars in the UK !!!!!

Yes, my range is about 60 to 90 I think, so call it comfort, temp or anything you like, but it is clearly indicating a temperature in F when i want it in C.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just had a conversation with mechanic at local dealer, he thinks that setting is by country so he reckons your dealer needs check you have the proper firmware for the UK, his checking into it to see if there's any reports of it before

·
Registered
284 Posts
That was kind of you ****.

Sounds like nothing can be done by Rooney1000 personally, needs to be a dealership fix.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts