Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the Peugeot website, it lists a 'New 2008' but no information shown as yet.

I did hear they had been planning a re-vamp of the 2008 sometime this year i.e badge on grill & more streamlined body.

edited 18th February with link http://www.peugeot.co.uk/showroom/2008/suv/#

Edited by: old-yorky

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you by any chance mean the new 208? I couldn't find any reference to a revamped 2008 model for this year..
Can you please share the link?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Moizjazz,

You are correct, it is missing from the website, I wasn't seeing things believe me! it stated NEW 2008.

It mentioned something about a true SUV and being the same size as previous 2008 with a new colour range with more streamlining but when clicking on the 'discover more' button nothing happened, will keep checking to see if it appears again.

In the meantime have a look at this.............http://2016suv.com/2016-peugeot-2008/

also found this link............http://www.yeomans.co.uk/peugeot/news/peugeot-releases-in-2016-/

Edited by: old-yorky

·
Registered
506 Posts
Bit I like

"Teaser shots show slightly tweaked air intakes cut into the front bumper and new LED headlights."

·
Registered
30 Posts
Found this on a French magazone's web site. Also posted it on a French forum where some of the participants have Inside information and they reckon it's pretty close to the real thing, supposed to be available to order some time in the late spring /early summer. Official photos expected at the beginning of next month, as the Geneva car show opens.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
uncletone said:
Bit I like

"Teaser shots show slightly tweaked air intakes cut into the front bumper and new LED headlights."
LED headlights are really powerful, bright and white.

I have them on my 308. They are just sooo good.

Al.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Damn.. Now I feel bad for just getting (29th Jan '16) the old model of 2008...

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At least you know the existing models pedigree & pricing, not sure for definite yet what the new costs will be or what you are going to receive for your money when the 'mods' arrive.

There wasalways
going to be changes made at some point, I am happy with the car I have ordered and at least I know it has had a decent feedback.

For a bit of comfort, I suppose if you keep waiting for the newer versions to arrive you will never order one!

·
Registered
273 Posts
You know my feelings re the 2008 egc.(I won't bore newcomers with the litany of problems)I wonder ( especially Allan as I know you have one) if you could give me your assessment of the new EAT6 auto box which I believe is a fluid flywheel job. Does it behave exactly as I would expect an auto box to behave. ie seamless changes, a proper park function, abilityto hold in a selected gearand hold without any intervention on hills. Just a normal automatic box.. This would answer most of my criticisms of the Peugeot vehicles. Not all of course but as an ex Ford employee of over 31 years,I realise that all cars however expensive are a compromise of some sort. The current range is pretty well built. Some of the design features are not well thought out but as I say nothing will ever suit every customer.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks for that Al . It certainly sounds good. Does it hold without brakes on a gradient as most 'proper' autos do?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
It's just perfect in every way.
You really need to have a test ride.

Shame you don't live closer to Rugby.

Al.

PS: Yes, it does hold on a slope/hill.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have just got back from my local dealer after discussing my 2008 'just add fuel' lease (I was invited to their VIP event - quite amusing) and was told it might be worth waiting until later in the year as there was a new 2008 model coming out and it was all apparently 'hush hush' !!

So there you have it -confirmed by Peugeot that there will be a new model out this year sometime.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The facelifted Peugeot 2008 has been unveiled, three years since the compact SUV was first introduced. It now receives subtle visual updates and a refreshed interior. A new GT Line variant also complements the Access, Active and Allure trims.

Exterior-wise, the 2008 remains largely the same, save for a new vertical front grille, slightly revised headlamps, black wheelarch extensions and new scuff plates. A new ultimate red colour scheme is also available for the facelifted SUV.

As for the new GT Line trim, it comes with gloss black elements on the front grille surrounds (with black chrome facets and red ""˜Peugeot' lettering), fog light covers, mirror casings, roof rails and 17-inch wheels. The rear stainless steel scuff plate now incorporates the exhaust pipe, while GT Line badges are displayed on each front wing and tailgate.

2016 Peugeot 2008 facelift GT Line-7 2016 Peugeot 2008 facelift GT Line-11 2016 Peugeot 2008 facelift GT Line-4
Inside, the 2008 retains the i-Cockpit, which allows drivers to keep their eyes on the road. On top of that, the infotainment system now supports Mirror Link and Apple CarPlay. The GT Line, meanwhile, adds stainless steel sills with the Peugeot logo, aluminium pedals, red stitching throughout the interior and red LED lights for the instrument cluster.

New to the 2008 is the Active City Brake technology, which utilises a LIDAR mounted on the upper part of the windscreen, and automatically brakes in the event of a collision. A reverse camera is also available.

Engine-wise, the 2008 comes with a choice of petrol and diesel motors. New to the range are PureTech three-cylinder petrol engines, which are lighter and claimed to offer better fuel efficiency (available in the 208 and 308). With a displacement of 1.2 litres, it's divided into PureTech 82, PureTech 110 and PureTech 130 variants. The diesel 1.6 litre BlueHDi engines come in three power outputs: 75 hp, 100 hp and 120 hp.

The engines, can be paired with a choice of a five- or six-speed manual gearbox and a six-speed Efficient Automatic Transmission (EAT6) with Quickshift technology.

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just had a look & the Peugeot website is now showing the New 2008

http://www.peugeot.co.uk/showroom/2008/suv/#

·
Registered
540 Posts
Not sure that putting a set of braces on the teeth helps it's looks much!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts