Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.Im finding it hard waiting for the day to arrive.I keep going to the config page and building it just to remind myself what ive ordered LMAO!!!
Any tips on finding out when or if its being built?
Might even book another test drive just to keep me going.
Kipper out.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Awww.

We are all in the same boat Kipper.

Ring your dealership and ask your salesman or woman they can tell you.

I keep myself busy with videos, Al's upgrades and the forum gallery to be honest.

When did you order again?

·
Registered
155 Posts
The waiting doesn't bother me. My wife constantly bending my ear about it does!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Don Bernard said:
The waiting doesn't bother me. My wife constantly bending my ear about it does!

@ Don,

Continue Mrs B, he'll soon convert. Come on over to the 'Excited and desperately awaiting delivery' side Don

·
Registered
70 Posts
Bored waiting, a few years ago when I ordered a new Renault they sent me a pack of playing cards so I could play patience, found that quite funny lol

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
John2202 said:
Bored waiting, a few years ago when I ordered a new Renault they sent me a pack of playing cards so I could play patience, found that quite funny lol

Now that's a nice idea.

Peugeot should do them with pictures of the 2008 on the back.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Allan I've still got the playing cards, they have pictures of old and new Renault cars on the front, very collectable?

·
Registered
8 Posts
mine was built today my dealer told me it would be built 2 weeks ago ordered 13/09/13 good luck with yours think it might still be another 3 weeks

·
Registered
256 Posts
davy said:
mine was built today my dealer told me it would be built 2 weeks ago ordered 13/09/13 good luck with yours think it might still be another 3 weeks

Hello,

Good to see someone with a build date as it seems to have gone a bit quiet there for a while!

-Sam

·
Registered
155 Posts
Interesting development. Having been told on 29th August mine was in the country, they're now telling me it's been built an is still at the factory awaiting shipment.

I think that's a load of balls, and strongly suspect they've sold it to someone else who's walked in off the street with cash. Seen it happen before when i was in the trade.

I'm a senior officer for CPUK, the official owners club, and today I'm going to pull some strings with my contacts at Pinley House. If it turns out my suspicions are correct they can shove it up their bottoms and she can have the new Freelander I wanted to buy her in the first place.

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Don Bernard said:
Interesting development. Having been told on 29th August mine was in the country, they're now telling me it's been built an is still at the factory awaiting shipment.

I think that's a load of balls, and strongly suspect they've sold it to someone else who's walked in off the street with cash. Seen it happen before when i was in the trade.

I'm a senior officer for CPUK, the official owners club, and today I'm going to pull some strings with my contacts at Pinley House. If it turns out my suspicions are correct they can shove it up their bottoms and she can have the new Freelander I wanted to buy her in the first place.

Stay tuned...

Hope thats not the case Don, bad show from the dealer if it is.

-Sam

·
Registered
155 Posts
It'd be an effing disgrace if that's the case so i hope I'm wrong.

My man at Pinley has forwarded it to a high up bod in customer services who's going to check it out for me. I'm hoping my.suspicions wrong. A wait I don't mind. A wait because they're having a laugh at my expense is a pith take which will cost them the sale and a lot of adverse publicity in pug circles.

Just gotta wait and see now.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Don, well if it turns out that's what they have done then it's disgraceful.

I would be well peeved (putting it mildly!).

Al.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Don Bernard said:
It'd be an effing disgrace if that's the case so i hope I'm wrong.

My man at Pinley has forwarded it to a high up bod in customer services who's going to check it out for me. I'm hoping my.suspicions wrong. A wait I don't mind. A wait because they're having a laugh at my expense is a pith take which will cost them the sale and a lot of adverse publicity in pug circles.

Just gotta wait and see now.
If it does turn out to be true then it must be dealer behaviour rather than that of Peugeot.

·
Registered
101 Posts
So, yet another delay on my car :-( My delivery date has been pushed back to October 31st, 10weeks after my original delivery date! Luckily I am going on holiday for 3 weeks so can forget about it until I come back!

·
Registered
256 Posts
T 10WE T said:
So, yet another delay on my car :-( My delivery date has been pushed back to October 31st, 10weeks after my original delivery date! Luckily I am going on holiday for 3 weeks so can forget about it until I come back!

Hello,

Did they give a reason for the delay?

-Sam

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sam, they just keep blaming it on factory delays. I am getting mine on lease through work so I have no power to complain really, most annoying! I ordered and it was confirmed by the dealer ringing me on 6th June! First delivery date was 23rd August, then 15th September, then 15th October and now the latest is 31st October. We shall see!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just past 3 months since Ipaid my deposit in mid June!.Still awaiting a build date.

But, still looking forward to it and I haven't seen anything else in the last 3 months that compares on Price, Style or Spec.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Had a phone call from the dealer yesterday, ordered 31/07 still no build date, said it was due to the August closure and they would keep me informed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts