Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,Now I have on my car 205/50/17 tires with grip control. I want to change my tires with 215/55/16. There is any problem for ABS, ESP or Grip Control if I change to other sizes of tires?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not sure you can fit a wider tyre on the same rim ?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Those two tyre sizes fit different rims.So are you changing the wheels?

I have to ask, Why?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I want to change also the alloys because of the bad roads in Romania. This is the naked true

·
Registered
143 Posts
Christian said:
Hello,Now I have on my car 205/50/17 tires with grip control. I want to change my tires with 215/55/16. There is any problem for ABS, ESP or Grip Control if I change to other sizes of tires?
Can I suggest that you check with Peugeot firstly to see if there will be any adverse effects.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already talked with the guy from Peugeot dealer. Off course he said if I want to change my alloys and tires I will have some problems with electronic of my wheels.But if the diameter of the wheels remains almost the same I don't see any problems. There are many ways to see on internet what are tires equivalent for any size of the tires. About the alloys you can fit on Peugeot all with 4x108, ET 25.
I want to know if somebody changed tires to another size

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
In the absence of any information from Peugeot the least risky strategy would be to pick a tyre size that is fitted as standard. That would be 205/55 R16

I would imagine that you are not likely to have any issues with the 215/55 R16 but I am not Peugeot.

Dealers are full of sh*t so I would go straight to Peugeot customer service to get a definitive answer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know if there is a big difference between 205/50 R17 and 205/55 R16. But I will ask the guys from Peugeot about their opinion and if 215/55 R16 is good for my car. I will let you know about their answer. Tx Burty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts